What if they gave a Depression and nobody came?

Hal3

Recycles dryer sheets
I thought that was a clever topic but I'm not exactly sure where to go with it. :ROFLMAO:

What depression? It's Friday and I'm finally seeing some green numbers in my portfolio for the week. I'm not depressed at the moment. :)

Give the treasury printing presses time, they have to cool off a bit. But once they print up enough dough to pay off the "boys", Goldman, Citi, BAC, and their derivative counter parts and books are rebalanced by the presses, then it will be business as usual, depression will be over, and we simply put it all on the "tab"

Jug

then it will be business as usual

Give the treasury printing presses time, they have to cool off a bit. But once they print up enough dough to pay off the "boys", Goldman, Citi, BAC, and their derivative counter parts and books are rebalanced by the presses, then it will be business as usual, depression will be over, and we simply put it all on the "tab"

Jug

Is that a good thing? I thought that is how we got where we are now!

Interesting point. How far up would it have to go before you "bail"?
Everyone will be torn between "bailing" and getting some of the money back and possibly getting even more money if the trend continues.

Is there no end to suffering?

It's a good thing if they reinflate the bubble long enough for me to recover some of my stock losses and then bail out...

Hey, we've been working with imaginary money for years, we just have to re-charge and use our imaginations again. If not, then we legalize marijuana, keep the country stoned, and re-enhance our imaginations.

Keep the tab flowing, let the grandkids drag us out of the bar. Yeeeeeee hawwwww

jug:greetings10:

Or we could just move to a fresh continent and start over again.

Hey, wait, we're out of continents.

Now what?

Well, there is one left with very few people. You might wanna try that one. I hear it gets reeaaallly cold there, so take a sweater.

R

Arguably, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, except the perceived value of some complex Wall Street paper.

There has been no war. No new war, anyway.
No drought.
No plague.

Everything is basically the same.
This whole financial crisis is an illusion.
Just put all the numbers back where they were.

I think it might work.

SImple.

Just put all the numbers back where they were!

Why didn't I think of that? Oh. I did.

Call Obama or Geithner or somebody!

Just put all the numbers back where they were!

Pray for global warming!

Well, there is one left with very few people. You might wanna try that one. I hear it gets reeaaallly cold there, so take a sweater.

R

Pray for global warming!

All I know is that every time Obama speaks... the stock market plummets. At this point I do not care if we agree or disagree with his policies... just kindly Mr. Obama be quiet!!! Seriously... the market was up 100 points today and then plummented right after... That is the pattern I am seeing emerge. Does not even seem to matter what he is talking about either...

All I know is that every time Obama speaks... the stock market plummets. At this point I do not care if we agree or disagree with his policies... just kindly Mr. Obama be quiet!!! Seriously... the market was up 100 points today and then plummented right after... That is the pattern I am seeing emerge. Does not even seem to matter what he is talking about either...

?Who cares? We won. Whoopee! Now it's my turn to razz my Sister.

Given that the fine financial types who caused the mess did not plan the blow up - they wanted wealth and success - then the idea that one or both sides or all government combined has a magic formula to fix it strikes me as a stretch.

Smile - exude confidence - throw a lot of stuff against wall hoping to get something to stick. Cross your fingers when nobody's looking and silently pray a lot.

More than that - you have more confidence in the branches of government than I do.

heh heh heh - And I'm an optimist. :cool: But the ole Norwegian widow is watching her pssst - Wellesleys. :rolleyes:.

All I know is that every time Obama speaks..

All I know is that every time Obama speaks... the stock market plummets.

That should give us some insight about "the market".

My copy of "Security Analysis - Sixth Edition" By Benjamin Graham, et al. arrived from Amazon yesterday. It is an imposing tome but so many experts regard it highly that I thought I should at least put it on my toilet tank for a while. Anyway ... if the market (total value of lot's of securities) depends on whether or not the president speaks ... well ... why bother to analyze securities or even read about how this might be accomplished?:(

Interesting point. How far up would it have to go before you "bail"?
Everyone will be torn between "bailing" and getting some of the money back and possibly getting even more money if the trend continues.

I hope to get some of the money back. Retirement, early or otherwise, is pretty much out of the question unless I do. Granted, it's my own fault for having too much in equities at 50 years of age, but I still need to make some of the money back (soon, please).

Back
Top Bottom