What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

DW just received a Ninja air fryer. I just ordered two hip flasks for birdie juice.

My behavior is easily influenced by the public corona virus panic. So I just ordered a portable water filtration system. Supposed to be good for 100,000 gallons. It had pretty good ratings, so for $30, what the heck!

Attachments

• FF3CACFF-0AE8-447E-9BBF-0D6A2A763800_4_5005_c.jpeg
    FF3CACFF-0AE8-447E-9BBF-0D6A2A763800_4_5005_c.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 208
I ordered some Centrum Multivitamins.

I've been on a Keto diet for about 4 weeks and recently started using https://cronometer.com/ to keep track of Macros and Vitamins and Minerals. If it is accurate, I'm way behind on Vitamins and minerals. I slipped one Centrum in and it brought up many of the Vitamins and Minerals to acceptable levels. I then deleted it. I realize it would be better to eat the Vitamins and Minerals, but, until I figure out how to make that work, I'll take the multi vitamin.

Cronometer is a neat program!

Also some household stuff, like a long and short 3/4" garden hose, two Milwaukee "contractor bags" to keep collected some tools and the associated paraphernalia that go with them, a brass hose end cap for the drain on the new(ish) water heater, and a 1/2" drive torque wrench. The last water heater only lasted six years, just barely out of warranty. Where we used to live no one I knew changed the anode rod in the water heater and it wasn't uncommon to have one last 20 years. This area is different. The water is hard so we use a water softener and that speeds corrosion of the anode and later the tank if one doesn't stay on top of it. Who knew?:facepalm:

So now I will dutifully periodically flush the tank and check the anode rod every year until I can establish a "wear rate" on it. The plumber who installed it suggested every two years, I'll start with one year and go from there.

I hear you about the anode rod. The Lowe's people didn't even know what an anode rod was. I'll be watching for your updates. I tried to remove the anode rod in my water heater and it just would not budge, even with a breaker bar. So I gave up rather than break something. I can't remember but I probably didn't use any solvent, like Liquid Wrench, since I didn't want it to get into my hot water. Once I tried the drain-the-tank move, and very small amount of sludge came out. Rusty particles.

After reading on one of the coronavirus threads here that some people were having trouble getting their favorite powdered milk from Amazon, I remembered that when I placed my order (in the post #3061 above) I had forgotten to include my own favorite brand of nonfat dry milk. :facepalm:

So, last night I ordered two big packages of it which is enough to last me for 8 months. It said it was in stock and it's supposed to arrive next week. But now, it says it is unavailable, so who knows. Maybe I got the last packages of it, but I am fundamentally unlucky so probably it will never arrive. :(
They are telling me that they shipped both packages of milk, but both just happened to break open during transit (yeah, right?). They don't have any more to replace them, so my money will be refunded.

That's OK - - the day after ordering this milk I found powdered milk at my local grocery store and bought 8 months' worth of it there. So really I don't need it and I am fine with the outcome.

They are telling me that they shipped both packages of milk, but both just happened to break open during transit (yeah, right?). They don't have any more to replace them, so my money will be refunded.

That's OK - - the day after ordering this milk I found powdered milk at my local grocery store and bought 8 months' worth of it there. So really I don't need it and I am fine with the outcome.

Damage includes soiled items. One breaks, I throw the entire contents of the box in the garbage after a damage inspection.

I personally think ordering anything is insanity right now. Your delivery driver has direct contact with probably 100 ppl while he delivers his businesses in the morning.

I would guess that all the delivery/mail carriers to those now quarantined locations in NY are now in quarantine themselves.

One 18" ceramic tile for the top of my porch table. Solves the problem of the table cloth blowing off. Was using binder clips but they were unsightly.

Attachments

• table.JPG
    table.JPG
    652.7 KB · Views: 55
32 gig thumb drive for recovery file of my new refurbed computer. Can't believe I can buy this much storage for $7 - brand name Sandisk, too.

Orange and Lemon. No carbs, No sugar, Just flavor. This adds a lemon or orange flavor to water. Does not cause an Insulin response (my conclusion based on content)

A1i8a0nZl4L._SL1500_.jpg

Canned cat food from Chewy.com that we can't purchase locally in the 12.5 oz cans. Ordered Monday, we normally would have seen the shipment yesterday or today. Chewy indicates orders are taking 4-6 days before being shipped, so I'm glad I bumped up the scheduled Autoship a week and a half.

A pair of British High Cut Boots for everyday dress and leisure wear.

Attachments

• Martin High Cut.jpg
    Martin High Cut.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Two Drive Rollator walkers that I donated to our local hospice. I repair used walkers and wheelchairs for them, but sometimes the replacement cost for parts is almost as much as a new one.

Dog food, supplements, and nail trimmers. Also some garden hose fittings for part of my drip irrigation project. Thinking about ordering some stuff from Amazon Pantry, but since I can't get everything I want I may just go on into the grocery in a few days. It seems ridiculous to have 10 yellow onions delivered to the house.

What else - toilet paper. :) I was seeing if Costco online had any and after sitting at the computer (doing other things), and trying for a few hours, it let me put some in my cart. It arrived today! I didn't need it, but DD and the three grand kids might so I'll hold on to it for a little bit. But, If I hear of someone I know that's completely out, I'll certainly be happy to help them out.

Quarter horse power sump pump and two six foot long washing machine hoses. Caught a video on YouTube showing how to DIY descaling of our on demand water heater

Amazon is changing quickly!

They are no longer accepting shipments of any non-essential products through April 5. And they are running a week to deliver basic items that previously would have shipped within 1 day for Prime Members.

I needed an IPad case and I grabbed one that was in stock. It will arrive a week from now but once they sell out it could be a while before you can get them. So if you need anything from Amazon and it’s in stock I would order it sooner than later.

We just ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon, with no indication of the above changes. There is a slower delivery, but not that bad. I would say that 75% of what we ordered was non-essential, but I guess that's open to interpretation.

Frank mentioned laundry detergent. We both do laundry over at my house since his washer is broken, and since I like it when he hangs around over here anyway.

I don't like the idea of either of us going to stores any more than we have to, due to the out-of-control spread of coronavirus around here. So if possible I would rather get it online and delivered to me.

I looked at Wal-Mart and on Amazon, and the best option I could find cost 5x as much as it did last summer, and will be delivered on April 2nd :facepalm: OK. We still have some so maybe it will last until then.

The one I ordered is from a 3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon. I have no idea if they consider detergent to be a necessity, or not. If they won't deliver it, then I'll cancel and we will be no worse off.

Honestly I don't know what people with limited money could do in these situations! Seriously I feel for them and hope everyone gets through these times OK. As for me, I don't mind paying more and waiting as long as I don't have to expose myself to the virus.

I looked at Wal-Mart and on Amazon, and the best option I could find cost 5x as much as it did last summer, and will be delivered on April 2nd :facepalm: OK. We still have some so maybe it will last until then.

The one I ordered is from a 3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon. I have no idea if they consider detergent to be a necessity, or not. If they won't deliver it, then I'll cancel and we will be no worse off.

Honestly I don't know what people with limited money could do in these situations! Seriously I feel for them and hope everyone gets through these times OK. As for me, I don't mind paying more and waiting as long as I don't have to expose myself to the virus.

I've been noticing that any 3rd party seller items have gone through the roof, price wise. At least the items I've looked at. I'm going to try to avoid doing that.

We just ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon, with no indication of the above changes. There is a slower delivery, but not that bad. I would say that 75% of what we ordered was non-essential, but I guess that's open to interpretation.

If they have the products in stock you will get them, but as you said with a slower delivery. Once they sell out they will not restock those items until at least April 5.

I ordered a new scale . My old one was finicky and since I am really trying to gain weight I need to keep track .

32" curved monitor but it wasnt FBA fullfilled by Amazon. It is FBM FULFILLED BY MERCHANT so no delays but no 2 day prime guarentee. Also ordered hard cover Foundations. Supposedly the sci fi book that inspired musk to pursue rockets.

Back
Top Bottom