What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Attachments

• Lube.jpg
    Lube.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 34
After reading that the Nintendo Switch Lite video game console will be hard to get in the US by April, due to shortage of Chinese parts to make them (due to the coronavirus), I bought one from Amazon yesterday.

Yes, I chose the yellow one because I think it's pretty. :LOL:

Oddly, it is supposed to be delivered by the USPS tomorrow, on Mardi Gras. Had I known, I'd have waited another day to order it because things are kind of "a zoo" around here, with a major parade route just a half block away.

Speaking of coronavirus, don't pop the bubble wrap, since it was inflated using Chinese air.

Well, because of the coronavirus, I canceled my gym membership as I don't trust the cleanliness of the equipment at the gym or the effectiveness of the spray they give you to clean the equipment, so we decided to purchase this slide board. I can't wait to try it! (OK, this guy looks a bit silly but some of the videos I watched with a board similar to this looked good.) It looks like this is shipped from the US, so I should receive it in a few days.

I have a pair of 2 lb dumbbells so I can hold them in my hands while I slide like a skater. Not sure if it replaces strength training, but it sure looks like fun.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BPZZR1N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
61zBbqZbUVL._SL1001_.jpg

Last edited:
bought some camping/survival gear for a wedding gift for friends, it was on their registry.

Just in case anybody thought I was serious, I was just kidding. I'm not that paranoid.
I know. Besides, the Nintendo Switch Lite is built in Vietnam, not China, even though Chinese parts are used. :greetings10:

At first I was wondering if I should wipe off my new Switch Lite with something to sanitize it, but decided that was going overboard. It's not like Vietnam is contagious.

Amazon says it is supposed to be delivered by the USPS today! :dance: But, although it is in my suburb it is not "Out for Delivery" yet, thank goodness, and I hope they don't try because we are in the middle of Mardi Gras here, parking is impossible, and there are three huge parades passing within 1/2 block of my house. We plan to stay home all day to avoid the traffic.

HeatTrak snow melting mat, remote control, and extension. The north of our house has the natural gas connection and a small protective roof over it. Melt from the other roofs drops down and builds ice up a couple of feet deep on top of that tiny roof. I've had nightmares about what happens if that ripped off the house. The several hundred pounds of ice have been removed and its waiting for more. I guess spring is here now.

A half dozen Amazon Basics LED light bulbs
A microSD card to USB reader/adapter
Centrum vitamins
Viactiv calcium chews
Quest high protein bars

Basically, this was all those little things that I hadn't got around to ordering. I did it last night just before midnight, after noticing that my February spending was not very high.

I have ordered these light bulbs before, and they are very well packaged in a sturdy box so no problems with damage in shipping. The quality of light is perfect for me.

COOP pillow. My frustration is with the reviews. Glowing for the most part, until i got the pillow. Smelled like a chemical plant and could not get the smell out. Did not even sleep on it. Then keyed "chemical smell" in the option review and complaints about the smell. Who would sleep with a pillow that smelled like Chernobyl? Glad the return/refund is so easy.

Off topic a bit: Frontline profiled Amazon and Jeff Bezos. He's a little scary, like he wants to take over the world. But his sole focus for Amazon is/was make the customer happy. He's succeeded IMO. Never an issue with returns and happy with most purchases.

I ordered some replacement wheels for my Herman Miller Aeron chair.

After reading on one of the coronavirus threads here that some people were having trouble getting their favorite powdered milk from Amazon, I remembered that when I placed my order (in the post #3061 above) I had forgotten to include my own favorite brand of nonfat dry milk. :facepalm:

So, last night I ordered two big packages of it which is enough to last me for 8 months. It said it was in stock and it's supposed to arrive next week. But now, it says it is unavailable, so who knows. Maybe I got the last packages of it, but I am fundamentally unlucky so probably it will never arrive. :(

The rest of the stuff is out for delivery and supposed to arrive this afternoon.

Two more games for DW's grandnephews, who's birthdays are later this month a couple of weeks apart. She can get a bit carried away buying stuff for small children but it's one of her only "vices" if one can even call it that, and they'll grow out of it eventually. In the meantime she and they enjoy it so that's reason enough.

Also some household stuff, like a long and short 3/4" garden hose, two Milwaukee "contractor bags" to keep collected some tools and the associated paraphernalia that go with them, a brass hose end cap for the drain on the new(ish) water heater, and a 1/2" drive torque wrench. The last water heater only lasted six years, just barely out of warranty. Where we used to live no one I knew changed the anode rod in the water heater and it wasn't uncommon to have one last 20 years. This area is different. The water is hard so we use a water softener and that speeds corrosion of the anode and later the tank if one doesn't stay on top of it. Who knew?:facepalm:

So now I will dutifully periodically flush the tank and check the anode rod every year until I can establish a "wear rate" on it. The plumber who installed it suggested every two years, I'll start with one year and go from there.

After reading on one of the coronavirus threads here that some people were having trouble getting their favorite powdered milk from Amazon, I remembered that when I placed my order (in the post #3061 above) I had forgotten to include my own favorite brand of nonfat dry milk. :facepalm:

I ordered powdered milk also (whole milk), and I don't even drink milk, but I do like soup with cream, etc. I also ordered dried yellow and white cheddar cheese which can be added to popcorn, pasta, vegetable dishes, etc. I have a feeling I am contributing to empty shelves in stores as I am buying and stocking up on more things than I ever imagined I would, but now, I'm thinking that I should have been doing this anyway, like how people prepare for hurricanes, etc.

Well gosh. I don't check this thread very often. This is the first time that, on catching up with the posts, I realized that it's quite fun seeing what others are buying. Al's digital photo frame that automatically updates with photos from his daughter looks really neat - as does the trimline phone hanging on his wall. I had one on my kitchen wall with a very long cord, to allow maximum freedom - almost as good as a cordless phone! Lots of other interesting purchases too in this thread.

Yesterday, I purchased a solar panel and associated bits and bobs, for a basic solar installation in my campervan. I've been looking for an excuse to try out solar for years now. When the panel is installed on the roof, and the wiring into the van taken care of, I'll order the charge controller, and hook it up to the existing coach battery. I like the idea of being able to run a few electrical appliances and charge my devices independent of the grid. It feels quite magical.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom