What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I'd read that Amazon stopped shipping non essential items in March, though that's supposedly resumed mid April.

I placed a 1 item order on 4/22 and a another 2 item order on 5/1 - all charged to our CC, but neither has shipped :confused: I know the first item is in their inventory, no notice otherwise on the second unrelated items.

IIRC in the past when an item was on back-order, you'd get prompt notice from Amazon and they'd ask if you wanted to continue or cancel/order elsewhere. No notice this time.

Anyone know what's going on with shipments not going out promptly at Amazon?

Last edited:

I've ordered a number of nonessential items from Amazon recently (mostly camera accessories) and haven't had any problem. It's not their typical 2-day Prime shipping, but for that kind of item who cares. They have always given me an estimated delivery date, and they have always made that date or sooner. Don't you have an estimated date on your Orders page?

Have not had any problems yet, delivery has been as fast (1-5 days without prime) as before this whole mess. However, I do see a notice on two of my upcoming deliveries that UPS is experiencing delays, so the good times may be ending delivery wise for me too. Ironically, the items shuffled off to USPS, along with those delivered by Amazon itself, are arriving without delay. Got 420 tea bags and another cell phone car charger today, delivered by Amazon in 2 days. Expect some whole macademia nuts in tomorrows mail.

You should be able to see estimated delivery times and delay explanations if any in your list of orders

Last edited:

I've had the majority of Amazon items ordered from March onward to be slow in shipping and slow in arriving. And it was not only the difficult to find things like canned tomatoes, pasta, and flour, but other items like hot tub supplies and shaving supplies. Our new normal for ordering on Amazon is to estimate what we need two months out and start looking for the supplies accordingly. [I'm a prime member at the moment]

Just got 25 lbs of Hecker's unbleached all-purpose flour, since we were running out and there is no flour at all to be had in any of the local groceries. I found that it fits nicely in a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid.

For others looking for flour, Sams Club sometimes has Gold Medal All Purpose Flour in stock - free shipping for plus members. 12# for $4.98. As I type this it is in stock (just did an order). Max 2.

Furniture sliders and a furniture lifter. I've been wanting to paint the master bedroom but have been stymied by the issue of moving heavy furniture. DW can't help because of her back issues, and I've got back issues of my own so I probably "shouldn't" be moving heavy stuff anyway. But pulling and pushing is different. The paint and everything I need is in the basement and has been for months, and I'm disgusted that it took me this long to think of the solution.:facepalm:

I've ordered a number of nonessential items from Amazon recently (mostly camera accessories) and haven't had any problem. It's not their typical 2-day Prime shipping, but for that kind of item who cares. They have always given me an estimated delivery date, and they have always made that date or sooner. Don't you have an estimated date on your Orders page?
I do have estimated dates but they’re May 17 (ordered May 1) and May 21 (ordered Apr 22) - I don’t remember anything from Amazon that took that long without an acknowledged back-order. I don’t remember anything available that didn’t ship within a day or two either.

I do but they’re May 17 (ordered May 1) and May 21 (ordered Apr 22) - I don’t remember anything from Amazon that took that long without an acknowledged back-order. I don’t remember anything available that didn’t ship within a day or two either.

And actually I did have an earlier shipment that took way longer to ship and arrive, also with no back-order or other explanation. I can wait, but to me part of the appeal with Amazon WAS how fast items were received. If that’s changed I’m curious if it’s temporary or something we can expect ongoing. That could reduce our use of Amazon. YMMV

I do but they’re May 17 (ordered May 1) and May 21 (ordered Apr 22) - I don’t remember anything from Amazon that took that long without an acknowledged back-order.

I really can't remember ever not seeing an estimated delivery time frame on the page when ordering something, so I'm thinking you actually were presented with such a far off delivery date but overlooked it because you weren't used to delays. That happened to me a couple of times in the past and it came back to bite me, so now I always make sure to check that before hitting the order button.

I do have estimated dates but they’re May 17 (ordered May 1) and May 21 (ordered Apr 22) - I don’t remember anything from Amazon that took that long without an acknowledged back-order. I don’t remember anything available that didn’t ship within a day or two either.

They are getting back to almost normal now. Still not 2-day prime, but under a week. For a while there, 3-4 weeks out were typical dates. You might see if the items are still in stock, and if Prime, cancel, and reorder with better dates. I sell on amazon, and didn't even bother restocking items when things were that slow.

Amazon had banners about covid delays to timeframes site wide (but, slim, gray banners across the top, easy to miss) which have gone in the past few days.

I've seen the far-off estimated delivery dates at a order time but more often than not the stuff arrives sooner than promised. Not always though, like the dehumidifier that took a week to get here. But when I ordered some lidocaine patches for DW those arrived in two days as promised. So it seems that anything remotely medical-related still gets there ASAP. Given the current circumstances that seems very reasonable.

I ordered some toilet paper from Amazon in March since I was unable to find it in the store. A delivery date of several weeks out was provided. Then an update came saying the delivery was delayed until April 18. On April 18 Amazon sent me an email and said since is was not shipped there would be no charges to my credit card. Then on April 30 I received an email from the vendor saying they were shipping it. I email back and said don't bother since you didn't meet your shipping date. They replied I could return it at my cost and pay a restocking fee. I responded, not in your wildest dreams. So Wednesday I received the case of 80 rolls of toilet paper. On Thursday I received a second case of 80 rolls of toilet paper. I am now the proud owner of 160 rolls of toilet paper and have not been charged by Amazon for any of it :dance::dance:

About 2-3 weeks ago, we noticed some estimated delivery times as long as 3-4 weeks on certain items. But those items were always delivered much sooner than that, typically 5-10 days.

Now, we're noticing many estimated delivery times are more like 4-7 days. Still not like the old reliable 2-day Prime delivery. But then these items are also arriving sooner that estimated, some in 2-3 days, but not all.

Quite sure this is a temporary situation due to a sharp uptick in demand for delivery of nearly everything, along with labor issues and supply chain uncertainty. As Aerides said, they just removed the Covid "expect delays" warnings, so I expect they'll be back to normal very soon.

Today I received a mask I ordered on April 7. It came within the stated range and seems fine. It is light weight and easy to wash.

Rebuilding the 4 year old cell phone

Ordered a new, larger capacity battery for my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge cell phone. I also ordered a pack of three glass screen protectors and a new phone case.

On April 30 I ordered paper towels when back in stock. The expected delivery date given after I ordered was December 3, 2020. That was soon changed to "Expected by May 11". As of today, they have not been shipped so we will see. I found paper towels elsewhere and just left the order at AMZ out of curiosity about the delivery.

Eight pounds of popcorn. That ought to last us a while.:)

Attachments

• Popcorn.png
    Popcorn.png
    533.6 KB · Views: 32
Thrilled with my Purchase

I bought a Bluetooth streaming device for $29.99. It is the size of a small deck of cards, and it turns your old audio systems into Media Streamers! You simply connect the device either by the included male/male audio connector or included red and white audio cables for older devices. Then access bluetooth and your streaming services on your device, e.g mobile phone.
I connected an old Techniques stereo rack system (circa 1987 with big floor speakers) and a Bose Wave II CD/Radio.
Now I can play my Spotify, Music Cloud, and Amazon Music Playlists on them. I get fabulous sound from the Techniques system.

Ain't technology great!:dance:

Ordered some new car cell phone holders and a bluetooth speaker for the wifes lowtech 2004 Grand Prix. Ordered yesterday, shipped this morning, will have by 9pm tonight. :)

I ordered a tour book for a part of the world I want to visit.

Call me an optimist or an idiot. The day after I get my CV19 vaccine shot, I will be making reservations.

FWIW, travel books are being heavily discounted these days. So, if your copy of France in Three Weeks for $300 is getting a bit rag-tag, it may be a good time to buy the new edition.

I've never participated on this thread but I've got a few minutes. Gorilla Glue epoxy putty.... need to fix an outlet box (plan is to epoxy in a threaded insert) and may also use it to fix my microwave handle.

I also have a limit order to buy a few shares of AMZN at $1,450 if you want a chuckle... I love the company but cannot rationalize even that price but the market is crazy these days. Hoping the volatility will snag me a few shares.

Back
Top Bottom