What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullshitting while getting coffee...
You got one job get your coffee and get away from the pots..

Similar thing happened to me, Bought a open box tv online. Got it delivered.
TV worked great. Box was missing the feet for the TV. Called support and asked
them to send me the feet. No can't do that. I needed to take it to closest Best Buy store.
Took it to the store and tried to get them to just give the missing pieces. No can't do that.
My only option was a refund and then I bought new one at full price. They put the other one
back in the "open box" system for the next sucker.

All of our TVs are on swiveling wall mounts... I have the feet around here somewhere.

:LOL: Had this happen recently. Doc gave me a medicine for a cough and I asked specifically if it had heart burn as a side effect. "Nope, never heard of that". After I got the prescription filled and had the worst heartburn, I Googled it and heartburn was one of the main side effects.

Never ask a doctor who has maybe a few of months education on drugs something that a pharmacist would know who has spent a few years studying.

Cheers!

Never ask a doctor who has maybe a few of months education on drugs something that a pharmacist would know who has spent a few years studying.

Cheers!
+1
Recently a doc gave me a new med, I asked if it might make me dizzy? Nah. According to the net it's the number 2 side effect.

And, still on the subject of driving and maybe a repeat- gas stations where all the bays are full and it turns out a couple of them contain unoccupied cars- driver filled the tank and then left it there to go get a snack and use the facilities.

This is probably a repeat, but the new roundabout near me has two lanes. What's so dang hard about staying in ONE? You'd think these people had never seen lines painted on the road.
Yup. Near me they installed three roundabouts in a row. I nearly get into an accident every time I drive that stretch due to lane changers, non-yielders and speeders (limit is 15 mph within). :mad:

And, still on the subject of driving and maybe a repeat- gas stations where all the bays are full and it turns out a couple of them contain unoccupied cars- driver filled the tank and then left it there to go get a snack and use the facilities.

I do that all the time. I prepay so I park in a bay and then walk into the store... I don’t pay at the pump. Too many scammers around here.

Why not move the car 20' before paying?

I go inside, prepay, go to the John, then go out and put in my fuel. Then leave. Only have to move/park the car once (leaving).

Different strokes.....I generally pay at the pump, unless we're getting gas at the rez, and then I have to go inside to pay.......there are generally pumps available, but if there are people waiting I move the car first.

I usually don't have to go inside the gas station, except on the rare occasion when the printer is out of paper. Then I have to go inside to get a receipt.

Quite often, all of the spots in front of the station are filled. There'd be no place to move the car to open the bay up.

I go inside, prepay, go to the John, then go out and put in my fuel. Then leave. Only have to move/park the car once (leaving).

I'm glad that I'm not the person waiting in line behind you.

On the rare occasions when I pay cash anymore I do the same as aja8888. I don't remember ever seeing anyone waiting in line to get gas. But this is WV, not NYC, and we keep "retiree hours" i.e., not going anywhere during rush hours so that may have something to do with it.

I'm glad that I'm not the person waiting in line behind you.

With me you would be lucky (5 min. max). The trucks with the trailers of landscape equipment and 4 "hands" take a good 30 minutes to clear. If they order tacos, it could be longer. :LOL:

I pay cash and have to go inside before I pump. That's how it works here. (discount for cash)

What is this "inside" you refer to? If I were to get "inside" and go to the John there would be a big problem with the person in the little booth.

What is this "inside" you refer to? If I were to get "inside" and go to the John there would be a big problem with the person in the little booth.

I'm sure you are jesting..

I go to service stations that are like a "full service" truck stop with retail sales of food, snacks, oil, rest rooms, etc. Some even have a fast food restaurant attached.

You don't have those where you live?

I go to service stations that are like a "full service" truck stop with retail sales of food, snacks, oil, rest rooms, etc. Some even have a fast food restaurant attached.

What you describe is more common here, but where we used to live there were many gas stations that were just that - gas stations, and nothing else. A bunch of gas pumps in a line and one guy in a booth to collect the money. One was even completely unstaffed after 10:00 PM or so but if you used a credit card the pumps were turned on.

Going back twenty years......Ehrenberg, AZ.....first pump is diesel, (with a gas pump behind it), and there's a guy refueling.....I pull in behind him and wait for him to finish.

Young guy in a car, with three young female passengers, pulls up behind me....sees the situation and goes into the building.

After a couple minutes one of the girls gets out of the car and starts lambasting me for standing around talking in front of the gas pump.

At this time the guy comes back...says to the girl "He has a diesel truck".....looks at me, shakes his head, and says "Young girls". :LOL:

I know of a couple with an inside or a carwash, none with a restaurant. Most, at least the ones I use, are just pumps and a person in a booth. They sell little things like cigarettes, washer fluid, and lots of gas additives.

What you're describing was
more common in MO. Could have been that I was buying gas along I70 vs a state highway.

I know of a couple with an inside or a carwash, none with a restaurant. Most, at least the ones I use, are just pumps and a person in a booth. They sell little things like cigarettes, washer fluid, and lots of gas additives.

What you're describing was
more common in MO. Could have been that I was buying gas along I70 vs a state highway.

I live in Houston (5+ million people) and the vast majority of the stations are full service. If they were one person booth types, I suspect they would be robbed daily.

I live in Houston (5+ million people) and the vast majority of the stations are full service. If they were one person booth types, I suspect they would be robbed daily.
I wouldn't want to be the person in a box in any higher crime area. I'm sure it's bulletproof glass and reinforced construction but.. images of bad horror movies come to mind.

Perhaps I'm jaded because of early life experiences, but you couldn't pay me enough to be bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom