What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loaded blooming onion . Is Outback trying to kill people ? They take a fried onion and put fries , bacon and cheese on top .

Here's a link to some of the nutrients. While I am of the opinion that we've paid too much attention to fat in our diet. This amount is pretty serious. They do say it's 6 servings.

https://m.mic.com/articles/146426/o...-as-much-fat-as-62-strips-of-bacon#.8ChnKqKRC
From the link
If you're thinking that ingredient list doesn't exactly sound healthy, well, you are correct. The original, non-french-fry-topped Bloomin' Onion already clocks in at 1,954 calories. The new loaded version comes in at a whopping 2,360 calories, an Outback Steakhouse spokesperson said in an email.
I take back what I wrote about the Iowa state fair food. 2K calories in a loaded onion? Yikes.

From the link
I take back what I wrote about the Iowa state fair food. 2K calories in a loaded onion? Yikes.
Vegetables are good for us!

Anyway, I think that is 2,360 calories per serving. Each onion is probably 22 servings.

Did you ever notice the tiny-font "will not hold Outback responsible for cardiac events" language below where you sign the credit card slip?
"There goes another one! Get the paddles. Step away, kids! 'CLEAR!'"

Last edited:
Vegetables are good for us!

Anyway, I think that is 2,360 calories per serving. Each onion is probably 22 servings.

Did you ever notice the tiny-font "will not hold Outback responsible for cardiac events" language below where you sign the credit card slip?

A buddy used to tell his dietician wife he ate a "vegetable platter" with lunch. That was onion rings.

Not a cardiac event but diabetic. This old fashioned diner we went to had a pancake special. Eat two thick plate sized pancakes and you can sign the wall. Nothing free, just your name. We tried eating there one day but it was impossible to get past the EMTs working on the guy who passed out from his pre-diabetes into a comatose state. We heard later he survived.

Yeah just cause we can buy it doesn't mean we should eat it.

Last edited:
A buddy used to tell his dietician wife he ate a "vegetable platter" with lunch. That was onion rings.

OMG, I love it!
I'm going to use that line from now on. Onion rings are one of my favorites.

Also, don't forget the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas. Pretty awesome menu there, too.

Also, don't forget the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas. Pretty awesome menu there, too.

I like this line from the cartoon on their home page: "Fighting anorexia since 2005". Heart Attack Grill Gotta love that Quadruple Bypass Burger with 9,930 calories. There was a time when I could have eaten one, but sadly those days are long gone.

Poutine is popular around here, served in monster sizes on huge plates--dripping, greasy, more heart attack on a stick.

But a ten dollar word to one person is perfectly cromulent to another. ;)

Looks like a very interesting word. But I already stretched my monthly quota of expanding my vocabulary.:LOL:

I suppose there is something to be said for Sirius XM.

Not in my opinion - they seem only interested in making things like 24 hour Springsteen and jimmy buffett channels and then when you get fed up, making it really difficult for you to cancel

I understand the need for commercials but when a talk show host, out of nowhere, starts pumping a product, I'm done for the day.

They all do it now. Just another reason to turn it off for x more minutes. At least it's free!

Tire shops trying to sell you "TPMS" (tire pressure monitoring sensor) rebuild kits for $28.00 ($7.00/wheel) when no parts are replaceable on the TPMS sensor, other than the sensor itself.

Plus, the service tech trying to convince you that they are "necessary" can't explain what the rebuild kit consists of and whether or not the $28.00 gives you a "warranty" on the sensor life. :LOL:

It's a peeve, but it is really fun when you know intimately more about the sensor system than they do. :D

Soft keypads that barely work (especially in the winter) and a thousand questions when paying at a gas pump!

Insert card - doesn't work. Message - insert card quickly.
Credit or debit?
Rewards/fuel saver card? No, press enter.
Would you like a car wash today?
Would you like a receipt?
Remove nozzle, make selection.

Most of the time I have to push the buttons at least twice and then I still have to wait for them to push a button inside the store to start the fueling process.

In my work vehicle it's even more aggravating because I have the enter a six digit odometer reading and a seven digit employee ID number and answer the other questions that don't even apply.

It seems though that some gas stations are changing the newer keypads back to actual buttons.

Now that the holidays are over. I hate those darn little decorative hand towels at wash basins. I'll gladly admit they are pretty. But for drying your hands they are absolutely useless. At least put a decent towel there for guests.
And that includes colored pretty napkins that won't absorb anything.

Online companies that immediately charge your credit card and then inform you that not only is the item out of stock but is on the slow boat from China and may/may not ever get here. Seriously.

Packaging.

Why do I need to go to the shop and get the Sawzall to open a $3.99 Harbor Fright plastic 'Hanging Sleeve" item that the kitchen scissors won't even cut? Why does it say "Open Here" when there is no perforation or slit or tape of any kind there? Why do they need 6 square feet of 100lb test corrugated cardboard, 1.7 cubic feet of (impossible to recycle properly, at least where I live) EPS, a plastic back and twist tie on EVERY part in the box, etc. etc. There are a lot of packaging engineers I want to slap....

... and while I am on a roll. That guy: who invented the airplane lavatory sink faucet. I want to invite him over (to my house with one of those faucets where you can't turn on the water and leave it on, no, you need to use one hand to hold the water knob on, or it springs back, and then you can rinse your other hand, but only that one, under the flow)...... I want to serve him a dozen barbecue sauce slathered chicken wings, and when he asks where can he go wash his hands say "bathroom's right there...."

Two types of people I can't stand. Those that think just because they can remove an item from its packaging in the store, it's not stealing. And those who refuse to turn off the water faucets after washing their hands in a public restroom.

That guy: who invented the airplane lavatory sink faucet. I want to invite him over (to my house with one of those faucets where you can't turn on the water and leave it on, no, you need to use one hand to hold the water knob on, or it springs back, and then you can rinse your other hand, but only that one, under the flow)
Water weighs a lot, and flying extra gallons of it all over the world costs the airlines a lot of money. So, they put in faucets that stop bozos from running them nonstop (there are people who will run the faucet so the total stranger outside will not hear the sound of their tinkle hitting the terlet). Or you have dasranger's friends, above, that can't be bothered to turn them off when leaving (germophobes). And, if you think washing with one hand is hard, imagine washing with no water (when said idiots have run the tank dry). Also, that water goes into a common tank with the commode, and when that fills up--no more potty for anyone aboard. If you've been on a plane with a full "honey bucket", the sights, sounds, and smell will be with you forever.

Nope, I'll put up with the minor inconvenience of the "push to flow" lav faucet. Ain't nobody eating barbecue on an airplane, anyway.:)

Last edited:
Nope, I'll put up with the minor inconvenience of the "push to flow" lav faucet. Ain't nobody eating barbecue on an airplane, anyway.:)
You close the drain and fill up the basin, then wash your hands.

(And if you bring on your own messy food, you should have your own handiwipes too)

People at the gym who just sit on the weight machines- not just a pause between reps, but an extended stay while they ponder the problems of the world. Use it or get off!

My pet peeve of the past few days is opening the ER app and seeing Raiders pasties. Is that picture EVER going to go away?

My pet peeve of the past few days is opening the ER app and seeing Raiders pasties. Is that picture EVER going to go away?

I asked that weeks ago, and yes, you can make it go away. Go to the right upper corner to the menu (the three horizontal lines). Tap on it. Tap on settings. Under the Topic Thread section, the second one down is Image Previews. Slide the button to the off position and Voila! Pasties are gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom