Votes: 107 33.9%
  • Down -11% to -20%

Votes: 155 49.1%
  • Down -21% to -30%

Votes: 50 15.8%
  • Down -31% or higher

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
I dunno. Have to wait until the papers arrive in a week or so.

Can't vote since I'm up (not down)

YTD (March 27, 2020) returns for a collection of 'close-to' 60/40 funds (from Morningstar.com):

-13.62% VSMGX Vg LifeStrategy Moderate Growth (60/40)
-12.52% VBIAX Vg Balanced Index (60/40), no foreign
-16.47% DGSIX DFA Global 60/40 I, small-cap & value tilted
-13.71% VTTVX Vg Target Retirement 2025 (62/38)
-12.26% FQIFX Fidelity Freedom Index 2025 (59/41)

-11.40% VTWNX Vg Target Retirement 2020 (53/47)*
-14.96% VWENX Vg Wellington (67/33)*

Some others
+00.38% VMMXX Vg Prime Money Market
+03.07% VBTLX Vg Total US Bond Index
-03.18% VSCSX Vg Short-term corporate bond index
-22.12% VTSAX Vg Total US Stock Market
-25.07% VTIAX Vg Total Int'l Stock Market
-23.95% VGSLX Vg REIT Index
-35,16% VSIAX Vg Small Cap Value Index
-14.86% MTUM IShares USA Momentum Factor ETF

*These 2 funds VTWNX and VWENX are outliers because they are not that close to a 60/40 asset allocation this year.

The city just did their final walk-through inspection of my commercial building. They told me that I will receive the Certificate-of-Occupancy next week.

I have ten new tenants waiting to move in and begin paying rent.

And I have two tenants [both retail businesses] that have been ordered to shut down. So we will be sending out letter telling both of those tenants that they may step paying rent until this is all over.

So we are down by two tenants, but by the end of the month we will be up ten tenants.

I figure DW and I were down around 3% YTD on our investable assets a couple of weeks ago before the stimulus package was pased. Haven't checked since then. Losses were mostly in my retirement and aftertax accounts as DW went all cash in late Feb and escaped the carnage.

Equity was about 20% of our portfolio before the crash (less now). I assume our RE assets are about the same but it's hard to say.

I haven't looked and won't until Wednesday. We're heavy in bond funds, TIPS funds and cash, so I suspect our YTD is not going to be down too much. My wife and I came "this close" to moving a substantial amount from cash to stock funds in late January, early February, pretty close to the Dow's peak. A family situation sidetracked our efforts.

Last edited:
-12.7% at 57/43 (now about 50/50). Thanks for asking, made me do the math and not as bad as I thought.

-13.21%.

Interesting that decline in prices are only a little more than last year’s appreciation. But I’ve still got the income of about 3% so am actually ahead since 1/1/2019, not including any spending or savings.

Maybe it’s not too late to sell. This is starting to make the Depression look like a tea party.

Up 2.5% following the ‘permanent portfolio’ strategy of 25% each stocks, gold, long bonds and cash.

But stocks are still slightly ahead over 10 years. I just have low volatility.

That is pretty cool to see in this environment.

This is sort of the "Prepper's Portfolio". Good for times of economic growth and contraction, inflation and deflation.

I never look anymore. Havn't really looked in years. Definitely have more cash than I should, and this downturn is why. But it will pass.

I have no idea.

I purposely don't check balances after market corrections. It has served me well over the years. When we start to get near a prior high again, I will resume checking.

FWIW I went to 45/55 AA last May to try to implement the Inverse Glidepath strategy to try to mitigate sequence of returns risk now that DW has fully retired Jan 2019.

-gauss

About ~ -15% at this moment. No idea how anyone could know to three significant figures like 14.4%

It’d be nice if the poll didn’t assume everyone is down.

It’d be nice if the poll didn’t assume everyone is down.

Unfortunately I don't see a way to edit the poll to change it. If there is a way to change it I'll add that as an option.

While it changes every day, when I last checked it near the end of last week I was down around 21% for the year. However, I have had some large expenditures unrelated to COVID-19, such as paying a fairly large tax bill from liquidating a stock fund at the end of December at a big gain. Another expense involves an amount I expect to recover later this year.

Down 14 % on portfolio that started the year 62:38. Went down to 55:45 and then last week I made a shift from equities to bonds in my retirement account and am now at 45:55. I learned my risk tolerance is not as high as I thought it was. :(

Last edited:
as of EOB on friday 3/27 our net worth was down a bit more than 9% as compared to the end of 2019.

About ~ -15% at this moment. No idea how anyone could know to three significant figures like 14.4%

Here is how I do it.

I wanted to share the screenshots that show how to use the XIRR function in excel. This is an easy way to track the additions or withdrawals from your investment accounts, and then let excel calculate the performance number. The beginning date and balance is where things are at the 1st of the year. The ending date should be the 31st of December, and the ending balance is whatever the current balance of your accounts are.

You would need click on the link above, or go to the 2020 Performance thread, post #6. In a couple days I will update the XIRR calculation. Basically, I look at the HSA account to see if we have billed any meds against it, put in any additions or withdrawals, then update the month end balance.

Up 2.45% on a 10/90 portfolio. I daytrade and have been profitable YTD. Slowly selling puts and accumulating positions. Goal is 35/65.

Last I checked approx 15% in my self managed acct mostly index funds and 25% in my “managed” acct meaning broker picks and makes recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom