What was your happiest moment today?

So far my happiest moment was a early 20 mile bike ride on our local rail trail. But i am sure tonight will beat that, as we have front row seats for the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy show!

A new student R/C (radio control) airplane pilot soloed on the first day after only four flights, something I've never seen happen before when instructing R/C. Turns out that he'd been practicing a lot on a home simulator program and the difference shows.

What made this especially notable is that the guy is dealing with metastasized melanoma - five years ago he was told he had three years to live. What made it notable for me was being able to help him achieve something he set out to learn how to do twelve years ago. Okay, in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal. But it made my day to be able to help someone else make their day, and to him it was a major achievement.

Happy that it rained most of the day, double down because I wasn't out weed wacking, so I had the day off.

Now I am unhappy because the rain will make the weeds grow even more.

Saddest and happiest moments:

Saddest: I washed the hummingbird feeder, and the glass bottle tipped over in the dish rack and got cracked.

Happiest: A plastic half-pint Yukon Jack bottle I'd stashed in my container box fit perfectly in the feeder base, and will keep the hummers happy until I get a new feeder. (Yes, I washed the bottle out first.)

A low-key day for sure. :)

Volunteered at a mountain bike race today. It was an “Enduro” event, which had four timed downhill segments.

I ran timing for one of the downhill segments and enjoyed watching and cheering for the younger racers as they came down my piece of the hillside.

It was a good day of racing fun under the warm California sunshine.

Wow - VERY cool! :)

Saw otters in the creek at my house. Three of them! They used to be endangered in Tennessee so I was pretty excited that my ecosystem is healthy for them

Attachments

• 3F339504-71D0-4336-BC1B-35EEEE668CEB.jpeg
    3F339504-71D0-4336-BC1B-35EEEE668CEB.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 75
I enjoyed the perfect 11 oz steak last night - covered with sauteed mushrooms and onions and grilled to perfection. I know, I know - it's a small thing. But - I'm thankful. :)

Saw otters in the creek at my house. Three of them! They used to be endangered in Tennessee so I was pretty excited that my ecosystem is healthy for them

Cute! And the water looks pretty clear.

Our puppy scratched the back door to ask to go outside for potty. She's been doing well with holding till we let her out but this is the first time she's asked.

DW & I are having such a nice time this weekend visiting our son a couple hours from home after not seeing him for several weeks. We woke up at the hotel after 9:00 this morning, had a large, wonderful breakfast with him at Cracker Barrel, and spent the day with him up until the time he had to go to work. And he, in thankfulness, bought me a large Cracker Barrel coffee mug (very large! :)) and DW a CD. Does it get much better than that? ;)

Drove out to Modesto and had my first sit down dim sum in well over a year. It was soooo good - :) Got the usual har gow and siu mai along with shrimp stuffed mushroom caps in black bean sauce and some fried shrimp dumplings.

Washed it down with a couple beers and life is good!

I’m a day late, but yesterday, after 6 weeks of being in a hotel after our house flooded, we moved into a short-term rental property in San Clemente, CA.

We will be here into early December while repairs are done at our house.

I think we got kinda lucky.

Drove out to Modesto and had my first sit down dim sum in well over a year. It was soooo good - :) Got the usual har gow and siu mai along with shrimp stuffed mushroom caps in black bean sauce and some fried shrimp dumplings.

Washed it down with a couple beers and life is good!

No doubt about it! ;)

Today was my first day back home after selling my vacation property. A/C had failed, got it fixed and picked up my new rescue dog who seems very happy and is settling in well. Then caught up with an old friend hadn't talked to in awhile. Love reading about all the good days on here from such upbeat people.

spent the weekend with DS and DGS, who is sooo excited to be starting Kindergarten.
Seems like yesterday he was just a baby!
Today the sun is out and expecting 90 degrees, sitting here drinking coffee and spending time here on the forum. Retirement life is grand!

spent the weekend with DS and DGS, who is sooo excited to be starting Kindergarten.
Seems like yesterday he was just a baby!
Today the sun is out and expecting 90 degrees, sitting here drinking coffee and spending time here on the forum. Retirement life is grand!

Isn't it, though? DW & I were sitting on the couch looking out our picture window this morning, saying the same thing. Sunny here in Michigan today, should reach 70 degrees - a perfect fall day. I almost lost her in a 10-year fight with cancer a few years back - I'm SO happy I still have her! Today it seems that retirement couldn't be better. :)

At the end of August I ordered a RAD Mini electric bicycle, and I just got it assembled last week. It's SO great - perfect for folks our age (i.e., older than 45 :LOL:) who want to burn some calories in a really funpacked way! Okay, so - I'm out riding today and after a sharp left, head down a steep, paved hill curving left at over 25 MPH. That number doesn't sound impressive, but - from the seat of a bike, that feels fantastic! Riding this bike is making me feel like a kid again! I'm looking forward to many more happy moments like this. :)

For today - (only part way through) - walking the dog at Mission Bay with my sister. But I suspect that will be surpassed this evening when we celebrate sis's birthday with a chocolate cake/ganache frosting tonight. LOL. (I love this cake recipe).

My happiest moment today was awakening to find I once again am NOT alone and helpless lying in the tiny dark basement of a hospital over 500 miles from home, and that I am still recovering a little bit each day! OK, the hospital was full of fine, hard working, dedicated people, the best nursing staff ever and they did all they could for me. But being home is so much better for me right now than any hospital, and I think Frank extricating me from that situation and bringing me home saved my life.

W2R, so glad to see you back posting again and that you are getting better, albeit slowly, which of course is better than not at all. Take care of yourself there.

Reactions: W2R
Back
Top Bottom