What was your happiest moment today?

My happiest moment today was awakening to find I once again am NOT alone and helpless lying in the tiny dark basement of a hospital over 500 miles from home, and that I am still recovering a little bit each day! OK, the hospital was full of fine, hard working, dedicated people, the best nursing staff ever and they did all they could for me. But being home is so much better for me right now than any hospital, and I think Frank extricating me from that situation and bringing me home saved my life.

Glad you are home. Many folks do so much better at home than in the hospital, as long as you are stable condition.
Happy you are continuing to recover.

Reactions: W2R
I've made a putt off the green to make a birdie on a par 5 hole. Those things come when least expected. Oh, yeah!

I've made a putt off the green to make a birdie on a par 5 hole. Those things come when least expected. Oh, yeah!

I've had exactly 3 eagle putts in my life. Two on par 5's, and one on a par 4 where I drove the green. The results? You guessed it! Three-putts for par each time.

Brought the car back to the dealer for its annual state mandated inspection. The service advisor said the inspection was free. Made my day!

My happiest moment today was awakening to find I once again am NOT alone and helpless lying in the tiny dark basement of a hospital over 500 miles from home, and that I am still recovering a little bit each day! OK, the hospital was full of fine, hard working, dedicated people, the best nursing staff ever and they did all they could for me. But being home is so much better for me right now than any hospital, and I think Frank extricating me from that situation and bringing me home saved my life.

W2R someday we'd like the hear your story if you feel comfortable sharing.

Today, I told my boss that I will be retiring by the end of the year.. He wasn’t expecting that since I use to joke that I was going to work to 70. Well, I turn 54 next month and decided life is too short and why keep working so I can afford more stuff that I really don’t need to enjoy life.

Today, I told my boss that I will be retiring by the end of the year.. He wasn’t expecting that since I use to joke that I was going to work to 70. Well, I turn 54 next month and decided life is too short and why keep working so I can afford more stuff that I really don’t need to enjoy life.

Congratulations and Welcome to the forum!

Saw a momma black bear and 3 cubs today while driving thru the Great Smoky Mtn. Nat'l Park. Got some pictures too!

Congratulations and welcome!

My boat dude calling and saying "I got the transom caulked, let's go for a ride"

Which made me big smile and schedule for right after lunch tomorrow.

Followed by his wife calling and saying "He forgot about the cable replacement and he's pulling and measuring"

Happy followed by sad. But when the cables go in - :)

We have enough information to continue with the property purchase. It was all about location location location.

DW & I were coming home from supper out when we saw two rainbows, one above the other, stretching across the entire sky from one end to the other - one was very bright at the two places closest to the earth. I didn't have my good camera with me and I was behind the wheel at a stoplight, so I fumbled with my phone camera to get a decent picture. Wow, I loved seeing those - God is so good, and they gave me such a feeling of serenity! :)

Loving the rain today! Love the clean fresh air afterwards. I enjoy rainstorms.
We need it, and more of it, just spread out over time, not all at once.

Related to what I posted earlier on 2021 What I Did Today Thread - that the oil spillage from recent pipe breakage near Huntington Beach is breaking up and moving out to sea rather than toward our fragile coastline. As a marine institute and state beach volunteer, including extensive tide pool training and volunteering, this makes me immensely happy. As did seeing nothing but beautiful blue ocean for the last few days, including this morning.

Back
Top Bottom