What was your happiest moment today?

yes!
One trick I use is the shore hose connection, if you have one. RV's have similar systems and you can run them with the pressure from a hose and not use the built in pump.
The pressurized water flushes out air better than that little pump and then I switch the hose off and the pump on, and it works great.
Air in the system will muck with the proper function of the pump pressure switch.

Yeah, my boat has a hose bib right next to the electric input socket and a valve right inside the door.

My mechanic said yeah, "you can use pressurized dock water but it's a good way to sink your boat"

Time before last I forgot to get my hat. Today I left my glasses on board and was halfway to the gate before I noticed. Nah, I'll forget the valve and a hose will pop and the bilge pumps will be busy and...

I'll just fill the tanks - :)

Happiest moment today was when the city came by and took care of all my broken branches with the chipper from a snow storm a few weeks ago. All I had to do was drag them to the street. Them feeding them into the chipper was so much more satisfying than me having to break them down with my chainsaw or paying someone to do it. Because of the storm, the city reduced the limits on how much and what size they would take care of. Very thankful.

yes don't use it for operations, just hook it up long enough to go to the faucets and purge out the air.

DW and I got out to our local "apple haus" (read, "cider mill") yesterday afternoon and had some cider and donuts. The weather was sunny and 77. My oh my - does it GET much better than that?? This on a Wednesday AFTERNOON, while most of the country is working. Wow - I just SO love retirement! :)

Brought the foster dog into the groomer, who told me it’d be a 90-minute wait (40-minutes from home). Turns out the same strip mall has a lovely brewery tap room with a pizza truck out front!

70312084255__9E68B4E3-FCF8-488F-AF3B-C6B07D6AF17B.jpg

Yesterday, I finally received the 3rd and final Tax Waiver from the Commonweath of PA after 17 months and 5 sets of three applications. Two weeks ago I called and they put me in touch with an employee who simply stated, "we have multiple sets of applications, but don't know why anything was ever issued." Also, I received my late DM's 2021 tax refund, after making a $15 payment per the IRS request. My calculated refund, plus the overpayment, and accrued interest since 4/15/22 was paid.

In addition, DGS hit a home run to tie the score in a 11-8 come from behind victory. First time I ever saw a HR hit in a 9yo league game.

Closed on a lot today. 50/50 whether we’ll build on it. It has a spectacular view, but so does our current house. We are going to throw some Adirondack chairs and a fire pit on it for wine time since we can walk to it.

Sitting in a dive bar in Florida while on vacation with the wife. Sipping an ice cold local IPA, eating raw oysters and fried shrimp. Little slice of heaven.

Closed on the sale of my house today! Now I am homeless......:LOL:

Congratulations on the closing!!! With every closing we ever had, there was always a glitch beforehand. So, very worthy of a celebration in my book.

Congratulations on the closing!!! With every closing we ever had, there was always a glitch beforehand. So, very worthy of a celebration in my book.

Yeah, I've told the story of going to closing. There was the sellers rep, our realtor, my credit union rep (who was selling the paper right away), our realtor's boss, the other realtor's boss (maybe a notary.)

DW and I were frustrated that they were gong to charge us mortgage insurance because (supposedly) the house wasn't worth what we were paying (mortgaging.) Right on the papers they handed us to sign, our (IIRC) $800? appraisal noted that it had been a "drive by" and listed the basement as unfinished. In fact the basement was finished - and even had a bathroom that wasn't listed (installed after the records at County or whatever were recorded.)

So I said. "Stop!" Everyone looked at me and I said "We're not doing this." Now I had everyone's attention - sort of a Baby Ruth in the punchbowl moment. "The appraisal was a drive by and it's wrong."

Up shot, our credit union rep agreed to take the paper and not require insurance - no sale of the paper to somebody in Texas (no offense.)

All's well that ends well, I suppose. YMMV

No glitches, went smoothly. :cool:

Awesome to hear. Hopefully your homeless stint living with your daughter is short and sweet and the new build is hiccup free. I could live with my daughter easily. Her dog? Well . . . She would take some getting used to : )

Yes! It’s always something.

Yeah, I've told the story of going to closing. There was the sellers rep, our realtor, my credit union rep (who was selling the paper right away), our realtor's boss, the other realtor's boss (maybe a notary.)

DW and I were frustrated that they were gong to charge us mortgage insurance because (supposedly) the house wasn't worth what we were paying (mortgaging.) Right on the papers they handed us to sign, our (IIRC) $800? appraisal noted that it had been a "drive by" and listed the basement as unfinished. In fact the basement was finished - and even had a bathroom that wasn't listed (installed after the records at County or whatever were recorded.)

So I said. "Stop!" Everyone looked at me and I said "We're not doing this." Now I had everyone's attention - sort of a Baby Ruth in the punchbowl moment. "The appraisal was a drive by and it's wrong."

Up shot, our credit union rep agreed to take the paper and not require insurance - no sale of the paper to somebody in Texas (no offense.)

All's well that ends well, I suppose. YMMV

Closed on the sale of my house today! Now I am homeless......:LOL:

That's what I told DW when we retired, sold the old house and temporarily moved into her father's house because our new one wasn't ready yet. "We're homeless and unemployed."

She said "You didn't have to put it quite that way".

We were laughing too.

That's what I told DW when we retired, sold the old house and temporarily moved into her father's house because our new one wasn't ready yet. "We're homeless and unemployed."

She said "You didn't have to put it quite that way".

We were laughing too.

:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom