What was your happiest moment today?

Indeed it is!!!

To me, life would be meaningless without having others I care about to share it with. And that's coming from an introvert and natural hermit! :D

I feel the same. We're finally able to connect with our fam & friends friends in person. Hallelujah!

Three of these critters were frolicking in my yard today. They were the same size and color as this little one. Best moment of the day by far!:D

Awwdorable We are finally getting squirrels in our yard (newer neighborhood) and has improved our cat tv- aka the windows.

Woke up to see the green green countryside and valley and far mountains through the sliding doors of the master suite. Every spring I enjoy the trees and other greenery flush with birght new growth.

Waking up. Seems simple enough, but lately it seems like a lot of former colleagues that are still pretty damn young have either died or are in dire straits due to health issues...it's a wake up call to not take life for granted. I have slacked off a bit in trying to be healthier, but this AM I took a nice 2 mile walk and was thankful I was able to have the health to do so with no ill effects. Plus, it rained a little last night, so the smell of rain and fresh cut grass was in the air and that made it even more enjoyable.

One of our neighbors, behind us and over one, started building an in ground swimming pool last summer. It was still unfinished over the winter. It’s a corner lot and with the fence removed for the pool construction their yard was very exposed for a long time.

The pool was finally finished a few weeks ago and then a new privacy fence went up. Today it’s finally hot enough to use the pool and it makes me happy to hear kids giggles and splashing!

We are in northeast Ohio, in a 1950s suburb. Pool season is mid May to maybe mid Sept. The lots are not large and this pool is only 16x26. Then with the surrounding pavement it takes up half the yard. This is a huge investment for a property in this neighborhood. The owner must love it here and really want a pool to have had this done. That says a lot for our neighborhood.

I hope they have many years of enjoyment in their new pool!

Our neighbors spent the better part of a year putting in their pool...before COVID hit. They have two girls (ages 9 and 7'ish) and it always puts a smile on my face to hear them giggling and thoroughly enjoying themselves. It beings back memories of a simpler time!

I do like our pool (most days) but it rarely gets kids in it. Instead my fat arse floats around in it while I read and drink beer. :LOL:

Awwdorable We are finally getting squirrels in our yard (newer neighborhood) and has improved our cat tv- aka the windows.

My two cats were enchanted by the rabbits (watching through the windows). They were also a bit confused - they knew these critters weren't cats, but they couldn't quite put their paw on what they were. :D

I do like our pool (most days) but it rarely gets kids in it. Instead my fat arse floats around in it while I read and drink beer. :LOL:

Sounds like a good life to me. :LOL::flowers:

Waking up. Seems simple enough, but lately it seems like a lot of former colleagues that are still pretty damn young have either died or are in dire straits due to health issues...it's a wake up call to not take life for granted. I have slacked off a bit in trying to be healthier, but this AM I took a nice 2 mile walk and was thankful I was able to have the health to do so with no ill effects. Plus, it rained a little last night, so the smell of rain and fresh cut grass was in the air and that made it even more enjoyable.

+1. Just waking up and being thankful that I can physically and mentally do anything I want every day. That is true happiness.

speaking with my sister. She came to a decision about what to do with the house, it was totaled by fire on Friday. She sounded positive and in a good place.

Our son and daughter-in-law are expecting their 2nd child in Sept. Their son is 2 1/2 and our only grandchild. Today they had a gender reveal with a cake. The cake was decorated with "Boy or Girl?" on the top and the color of the frosting inside revealed the gender. Light blue frosting! IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

We are thrilled! :D:dance::LOL::):clap::clap::clap::biggrin:

Congratulations!

Play cards most every Wednesday with a group that we are all part of a bubble together. Three games each Wednesday of something call 5 Crowns, kinda gin rummy but for larger group.

Today I won all three games! Woohoo.:dance:

Play cards most every Wednesday with a group that we are all part of a bubble together. Three games each Wednesday of something call 5 Crowns, kinda gin rummy but for larger group.

Today I won all three games! Woohoo.:dance:

I hope they invite you back. :angel:

I had a call tonight from a friend who is still w#rking at the company I recently retired from.

My friend is a supervisor, and today the supervisors got a "heads up" from senior management about the "post-Covid" plan that has been developed for all employees. The non-supervisory staff will be informed next week.

My happiest moment was hearing the relief and happiness in my friend's voice as they described the plan to me. Employees will have a choice of either:

1. w#rking a hybrid schedule
2. w#rking 100% from home
3. w#rking 100% in office

Those who choose to WFH 100% will have to give up their onsite office.

I am friends with several folks who still w#rk there, and without exception they have all been hoping to be able to continue WFH permanently, for a variety of reasons.

Neither my friend nor I expected the company to be so flexible; we expected maybe a "limited hybrid" option at best. My friend is just thrilled with the options, and I know my other friends (non-supervisors) will be too when they find out next week. :D

I need to keep my mouth shut so as not to put my friend in an awkward position before the official announcement.

Last edited:
About an hour ago I figured out what was wrong with my wife's phone that it kept taking out our modem. It's been happening since May 17th and I have been trying to figure it out since then.

Apparently she took 4 photos its been attempting to back up and when that happened it tried to use some enhanced capabilities and that apparently got the modem in a degraded state. Fidelity's app would fail consistently but other apps would sometimes work in a very degraded condition . It was maddening to debug as it really didn't show heavy line utilization like CenturyLink said. I finally narrowed it to her phone sometime yesterday. The app appears to attempt starting to backup once an hour if wifi is on. Sometimes it would die in 5 minutes sometimes 55, or more if we'd toggled wifi settings. Dear lord that sucked.

Realizing a few minutes ago that today is the anniversary of my retirement 16 years ago.

And all those decisions on when to take SS, whether or not to pay off the mortgage early, where to live, etc. are already made. :)

Realizing a few minutes ago that today is the anniversary of my retirement 16 years ago.

And all those decisions on when to take SS, whether or not to pay off the mortgage early, where to live, etc. are already made. :)

Congrats and happy anniversary! It's kinda funny...I all but ignore my birthday but I am celebrate my retirement date with vigor! :D

Unexpected fun moment today - made a spur of the moment decision to post the short version of my retirement story on another forum today....was shocked...it got over 600 "likes" and 200 comments all positive and uplifting...felt so good to read so much positivity that came in my direction.

Yesterday, to gather in person for my grandson's graduation party. All of my brothers and sisters in one place! It was so nice to be together. My son and DIL threw a lovely party for him.

Enjoyed the sunny weekend with DS and DGS, who have a small garden in our back yard.
DGS asked for a jar for a worm they found, he was so excited " I have a pet worm, Grandma!"

Love the little ones and their fresh perspectives.:smitten:

Last edited:
Well, okay - this was a happy series of moments. But DW and I went on a "restaurant hop" today - took an hour and a half round-trip with about 30 others to an "off the beaten path" location on the west coast of MI; enjoyed each of three courses in three different restaurants with some time for shopping and "meandering." We had a great time. The food was outstanding, and I greatly enjoyed some time relaxing in the sun while DW was shopping. We also spent time on the trip with a few people that I hope will work out to be friends in the future. It was a great idea with some superb planning and execution.

Well, okay - this was a happy series of moments. But DW and I went on a "restaurant hop" today - took an hour and a half round-trip with about 30 others to an "off the beaten path" location on the west coast of MI; enjoyed each of three courses in three different restaurants with some time for shopping and "meandering." We had a great time. The food was outstanding, and I greatly enjoyed some time relaxing in the sun while DW was shopping. We also spent time on the trip with a few people that I hope will work out to be friends in the future. It was a great idea with some superb planning and execution.

It’s nice to see the lockdown experience going away.

Yesterday I got to dive the Lowrance off of Fort Lauderdale during my trimix class. Beautiful tech dive down to 200' then back up into the wreck to explore through it.

200-FT-Deco-Profile-Lowrance.jpg

Diving-the-Lowrance.png

Back
Top Bottom