What you consider *superior* products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dillion Precision
MRG
You got that right!

wtf-girl-photo-howdy.jpg

Just looked at my 'Blue Press', don't see that. Maybe a calander?

MRG

REI all weather, basic black jacket. I realized when I had it on at once at Volcanoes National Park I had packed the same jacket to wear to see plays in London. I can wad it into a ball and it still looks good. Great for traveling no matter where we go. The lining is first decaying now after 20 years of wear.

Mr. Beam motion lights - They turn themselves on and off as we walk around the house.

iPods, stainless steel wok, stainless steel rice cooker, Weber grill, library cards, Entertainment books, solar lights

Just looked at my 'Blue Press', don't see that. Maybe a calander?

MRG
Yeah, it's a calendar put out by the reloading company Dillon, which in my reloading days was "the press".

Ha

I forgot that I made a post here more than 3 years ago.

Spectrum analyzers and signal generators by HP (now Agilent) and oscilloscopes by Tektronix.
That's dumb as the OP was asking about consumer products as I re-read the 1st post.

I thought about that. I could not think of anything off-hand as I am not an avid consumer and do not own too many brands of the same thing to know which is better. Canon vs. Pentax vs. Olympus or whatever? HP vs. Dell vs. Lenovo? I dunno. And I also need to compare within the same price range. Better stuff usually costs more, and a maker offers his gear in multiple price ranges.

Last edited:
Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker - so quiet! No little part to keep track of (all built in).
My friend has one of these. I have a good older French pressure cooker which is no longer manufactured, I think from the 80s. When/if I need parts that I can no longer get for it, I am getting one of these Kuhn Rikon models. Very high quality, though clearly not cheap.

Ha

Honda cars
Honda snowblowers/rototillers/leaf blowers/weed whackers
Rockport Shows
Nike Dry-Fit
Allen Edmonds shoes
Brooks Brothers suits (I only have 2)
Hanes Underwear
Samsung Smartphones
Panasonic TVs
Titleist golf balls and clubs
Older Maytag appliances (pre 2006)
Waterman pens
Waterford crystal

No stems or seeds that you don't need...

Attachments

• Acapulco Gold.jpg
    Acapulco Gold.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 19
Can you get that in TX or do you have to take a vacation in CO?

My Zeiss binoculars for birding are awesome beyond words. When I look through "cheap" binoculars now, it makes me want to scratch my eyes out of my skull.

That's what I thought. ;) You might want to relocate after retirement.

Here's another superior product that my wife liked and she has convinced me that it was a worthwhile addition to the kitchen.

Tiger Thermal Cooker, 2 gal size.

We use it as a passive slow cooker, with the advantage that it can never burn food. Great for simmering bones for broth, making spaghetti sauce, porridge, etc..

Honda inverter generators. Even if you never use one, the bragging rights are sufficient.

Agree on Honda products. Love our Honda jet ski - especially after Honda finally stepped up to replace our flawed turbocharger under the emissions warranty.

My new wife - and her Honda Fit.

American made Pendelton clothing bought used in a thrift stores.

Pendleton stuff in Nebraska City preferably on sale.

Swain's General Store in Port Angeles - Boggs boots, logger jeans with brass buttons and suspenders. Worse for me than the tool aisle in a hardware store.

Kirkland brand.

Winsteads 50's style cheeseburgers/chocolate malts - tough on my cholesterol.

Heh heh heh - :cool: And of course Boglehead stuff - in my case full auto lifecycle index fund. And a few DRIPs I haven't quite retired yet. :nonono:

You got that right!

wtf-girl-photo-howdy.jpg

Wow! Everything about that girl, except for the flat abdomen, is contrary to what I appreciate in a women: which is, in a word, good judgement. ;)

Tattoos, piercings, cowboy guns and hats, all not my style. I especially am turned off by the artificial boobies.

Mike D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom