What Your Car Says About You

MasterBlaster

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What Your Car Says About You:

Mid-Sized Car: Chevrolet Sedan
The authors of the study found that “mid-sized-car drivers have no distinct travel attitude, personality, lifestyle, mobility, or travel-liking characteristics.” Ouch! Does that mean they’re totally boring? Maybe, or maybe just pragmatic, or maybe they got their cars as a hand-me-down. The owners were more likely to be female and homemakers; they also had higher incomes.
If you’re driving an American-made sedan, you might belong to the group psychographers call “belongers.” That’s those who need to belong to a group, are very nationalistic, and don’t like change. The stereotype of this person is someone who lives in an average town in the Midwest. When not driving a sedan, they may also be in a U.S.-made pickup or station wagon.

What your car says about you - Yahoo! News-

This article can't be right.

I have a travel tude'. I have the personality chicks crave. Ditto for lifestyle, mobility, and travel characteristics.

But maybe I should buy a red one !

What car color says
Not only might the type of car you drive say something about you, so does the color. According to a survey done in Great Britain, certain colors indicate certain personalities. Here are some generalities:
  • Black: Aggressive personality, rebel
  • Silver: Cool, calm, may be a loner
  • Green: Reactive
  • Yellow: Idealistic
  • Blue: Introspective, reflective, and cautious
  • Red: Someone who is full of energy and pizzazz
  • White: Status seekers, gregarious
  • Cream: Contained and controlled

Silver Equinox - aka boring Chevy SUV - greater Kansas City - top oh the line is Tractor Supply Schmidt overalls for Sunday driving.

BUT - I did live thirty years in New Orleans - and the Saints finally won a Superbowl.

heh heh heh - :whistle:

Or it says "this is the car that was a bargain when the last car died and I went looking in the classifieds for a replacement".

Black Camry - boring, aggressive, rebel. Yep, that's me.

White Honda Crv . Likes to have fun and doesn't give a hoot about the enviroment !( maybe that's only for bigger Suv's )

Or it says "this is the car that was a bargain when the last car died and I went looking in the classifieds for a replacement".

It says:
My 18 year old car wore out (no parts available) and I bought the first one I could see out of (I asked the folks for the smallest thing they had on the lot).

The local Chevy folks didn't want my money.

2005 KIA REO

Last edited:
Silver Ford Crown Vic. Oh no, not a senior citizen car that says I'm a sedintary loner! :eek: Does it make a difference if it was the police model?

Silver Ford Crown Vic. Oh no, not a senior citizen car that says I'm a sedintary loner! :eek: Does it make a difference if it was the police model?

No, that just means you are a loner senior citizen who likes to play undercover cop ! I bet you even have one of those blue lights for it .:LOL:,

Touareg - dark grey. SUV that wants to be a Porsche... confusing.

Gray 2005 Ford Focus. We were overseas, needed a car, and the base exchange had this one in gray they could deliver right away.

I want a bright red Tesla 2.5.

Amethyst

White Mid-Sized Sedan (Japanese design, American made)

So.....I'm a pragmatic, gregarious, status seeking, higher income female!

No, that just means you are a loner senior citizen who likes to play undercover cop ! I bet you even have one of those blue lights for it .:LOL:,

Only with my wife since we took out the trapeze! :whistle:

Cheers!

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/yg...ar-of-the-year-is-62-mpg-volkswagen-golf.htmlLittle blue Honda: Introspective, reflective, and cautious, want to lessen my impact on the earth, and have a reliable car.
That probably sums me up pretty well.
Other than the cautious, I like it. But then again environmentalists are by definition cautious, not wanting to despoil the only planet we have.
But they left out frugal. And I probably would have chosen cherry red if they'd had it.

What a load of crap. I drive a mini-van because I can throw a 'load of crap' in it and get from point A to point B with half-way decent mpg's. 90% of the miles on it are me driving it alone. Wife drives a Taurus wagon because we can throw a 'load of crap' in it when we go to see the grand-kids. Never liked black or white vehicles because they showed dirt to easy, but (being a LBYM'er), color has always been the last thing on my list when selecting a vehicle. Poo-poo on you, Yahoo news.

I guess I have a split personality, driving a Cadillac (higher-income people) and a Mustang GT convertible (they were more likely to have lower incomes).

Also, the Cadillac is silver-grey (cool, calm, may be a loner) and the Mustang red (full of energy and pizzazz).

What does that mean? For me, the article is bunk :whistle: ...

Toyota Venza - - says, "This person is preparing for an interstate move!" The cargo space is so handy.

V6 - - says, "This person averaged 3600 miles/year for the past 10 years meaning gas mileage is not that relevant."

Magnetic Gray Metallic color - - - says, "This person told the salesman she didn't care about the color as long as it doesn't show dirt". :ROFLMAO:

My 98 Taurus said, Cheap! My slightly used Camry made me 20 years younger, it does have too many doors though.

Back
Top Bottom