What's next for hoarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I grow any more fur I may have to consider them. Is there really any difference between pet hair clippers and human hair clippers?

I groom my dog - and cut my husband's hair. I use the same clippers for both of them. Andes Pro-clip 2 speed clippers. Love them.

I’ll answer a slight variation of the question: what’s next for shortages? I doubt anyone is actually hoarding this item.

I hate trimming my dogs nails and usually have it done at our local doggy day care place which is now shut down. At present, the high end Drexel nail grinder I want is out of stock.

So, perhaps pet grooming supplies are next.

I groom my dog - and cut my husband's hair. I use the same clippers for both of them. Andes Pro-clip 2 speed clippers. Love them.

Hopefully they don't look exactly alike after you finish.:D

Great, we have a volunteer! Please let us know when your DW is finished so we can determine if those things can work on human hair! There seem to be plenty of them in inventory while the human clippers are virtually sold out.

Make sure she checks for fleas first!

I got a few weeks to go before I get that desperate. :D

Good to know, in case I do get that desperate.

Things I have hear about- using the hair loops on each end of the mask to hook over the ears.

Using ACE bandages and cutting them into strips.

Ditto on the hair loops (ponytail holders). I made some masks this week and these loops work great. I got 100 of them at CVS for $2.

Looking at another thread and hearing this discussed on a podcast, I think there is or will be a shortage of pulse oximeters.

I can’t speak for hair dye, but I’ve been searching for hair clippers for the past week and I can confirm they are completely sold out. There may be some junk out there but anything worth buying is out of stock with no firm date on when the next shipment will come in.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/business/panic-buying-walmart-hair-color-coronavirus/index.html

If you are that desperate, use dog clippers. They are nearly the same and I have used them on my hair with decent success. These *are* in stock on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/Wahl-Profe...1&keywords=dog+clippers&qid=1586621529&sr=8-8

Wow, no kidding about the hair dye. Who’d have thought?

I am looking at the weather getting warmer with heat waves potentially starting in May. If lockdowns and stay-at-home continue in many densely populated areas, I wonder if air conditioner demand might exceed supply. Even for folks with central air, buying them as a backup. Think of having to obey a stay-at-home order in sweltering heat without A/C...

I was wondering about that too. Why would you dye your hair in quarantine any more often than normal?

The young wife gets her hair dyed professionally at the salon every 4 weeks. She can't do that now. So, pending arrival of the dye, I soon will be assisting her in doing it at home. That home demand would not exist absent the lock down.

The pet hair clippers are the same as people. At least the version I have. The height combs snap on just the same. The cutting blade looks the same. I use the pet clippers on me now for many years. Used originally to shave golden retriever in summer, now used on my hair.
I think it's just marketing. No reason not to use the "pet clippers" on yourself.

Wow, no kidding about the hair dye. Who’d have thought?

Most women would have guessed that one . I usually have my roots done every five weeks . It will be at least ten weeks before i can have it done but I am really scared to do it myself . The last time I did that I looked like Lucy Ricardo .

The young wife gets her hair dyed professionally at the salon every 4 weeks. She can't do that now. So, pending arrival of the dye, I soon will be assisting her in doing it at home. That home demand would not exist absent the lock down.

Ahhh, of course. Makes sense now.

I have never had my hair colored in a salon, because of the chemicals they use. The non-permanent (no ammonia or peroxide) hair color I use, in the color I use, was hit with price-gouging almost immediately. When I can find it, it's 3X what I usually pay. Still infinitely less costly than a salon.

I am looking at the weather getting warmer with heat waves potentially starting in May. If lockdowns and stay-at-home continue in many densely populated areas, I wonder if air conditioner demand might exceed supply. Even for folks with central air, buying them as a backup. Think of having to obey a stay-at-home order in sweltering heat without A/C...

I’m shopping for a portable ac now. Down here ac is essential from almost May to September

I’m shopping for a portable ac now. Down here ac is essential from almost May to September

Not sure where "down here" is, but I do know those portable AC units are very limited in their ability to cool more than a very small room in almost any part of the southern US during the summer. You might do better buying a medium size window unit for the same or less money, with more capacity.

You need to think outside the box . I am sure there is a slightly upscale grocery near you such as Fresh Market . They do not attract as many people because they have some pricey things but they also have great meat sales and I have never been in one that is crowded ...

Our Fresh Market is often crowded and since they put stuff much crap in the aisles (like Bed Bath and Beyond) you can't navigate it on a good day. We have avoided it since things got crazy.

I think meats will be next for hoarding or shortage.
Then that will exacerbate the shortage in beans/rice/pasta (at least some things I have had a hard time getting)

Then that will exacerbate the shortage in beans/rice/pasta (at least some things I have had a hard time getting)

People need chest freezers to hoard meat..plus it costs a lot more then TP...

This seems likely given that a large meat producer was just shut down over COVID affecting their workforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom