Wheat

I have a couple of friends that are gluten intolerant. You’d be surprised of all the things that have gluten in them. Wheat is used for many things like flavoring and thickening.

As well as cross contamination in food factories. Lots of products have warnings.

A lot of fried things have a "batter" on them, even if you can't detect it. I think McDonald's fries were famous for this.

It wouldn't surprise me if some potato chips have a very thin batter applied before frying.

I saw gluten free potato chips in Walmart today. Never would have guessed that would be.

If someone has Celiac disease, they have to rely on labels. Plenty of potato chips, if you read the label, are far more than just potato, salt and oil.

While some things that should have no gluten naturally, and might be adding GF labelling for marketing, many things that you'd think have no reason to have Gluten actually do, especially processed foods.

A lot of fried things have a "batter" on them, even if you can't detect it. I think McDonald's fries were famous for this.

It wouldn't surprise me if some potato chips have a very thin batter applied before frying.

I’ve seen home French fry recipes call for a light coating of corn starch to help them fry up with a nice crisp brown coating.

Back
Top Bottom