Which States to NOT retire in

And I haven't heard of any State but Texas doing this property tax deferral either.

Here in CT its done by each town. They also have a tax abatement for low income seniors to reduce their tax by $500 or so. They say it's to keep a balance of people in town. I think it's just because they want to point us out and tell their kids "that's what you will look like when you get old".:LOL:

The map gives a whole new slant on "blue" states. Not to get too political, heh, heh, but there does seem to be lot of overlap. Probably unrelated:D

well, considering that "red" states receive $1.99 from the USG for every $1.00 they pay in taxes, kind of belies their proud "self-reliant" facade. I guess that's unrelated too.:whistle:

well, considering that "red" states receive $1.99 from the USG for every $1.00 they pay in taxes, kind of belies their proud "self-reliant" facade. I guess that's unrelated too.:whistle:

In the words of Sarah Palin "You betcha!":whistle:

Oh boy. Just had to poke a stick in the ant hill, didn't ya?

The Moderation Team would like to remind members of the rules pertaining to political discussion on the Early-Retirement Forum. Only political discussion that is directly related to early retirement is welcome.

Please watch your posts to ensure that this and other threads do not veer into purely political discussion, which is better suited to websites devoted to topics other than early retirement. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom