Windows 10

That's what happened to me, too. I did not intend to upgrade till later on. But it loaded beyond my control. I felt hoodwinked. I messed with Win 10, and went back to Win 7.

That's what hacked me off the most. Win 10 actually works and so far I have no problems with it. I just didn't like their -mugged in the alley- way of installing it. In fact as soon as I had installed it and checked it out I went out and bought a big flash drive. My intention was to start working off of LINUX just because MS is not the company I wish to keep. So far though, Win 10 is behaving so well I haven't done anything with LINUX yet.

That's what hacked me off the most. Win 10 actually works and so far I have no problems with it. I just didn't like their -mugged in the alley- way of installing it. In fact as soon as I had installed it and checked it out I went out and bought a big flash drive. My intention was to start working off of LINUX just because MS is not the company I wish to keep. So far though, Win 10 is behaving so well I haven't done anything with LINUX yet.

When I first got that get ready for update thing on my system tray on Win 7, I went ahead and uninstalled the update for the very reason of not wanting to do an automatic update then start up and surprise, surprise, now the pc is on Win 10.

I'm still on Win 7. Eventually, I'll probably go to Win 10 (just have too many things running under Win) for my desktop.

But over the past several days, I've been playing around with Linux Mint on my laptop and over all, I really like that :). My testing is kinda crazy now as this very moment on the laptop, I'm running Linux Mint, then with that running a virtual machine to install another copy of Linux Mint. I need more physical computers to test with :).

They sent me the disks but I am still not going to upgrade. I like my Win 7.

Attachments

• Win 10.jpg
    Win 10.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
They sent me the disks but I am still not going to upgrade. I like my Win 7.

Haha. Disk 1 of 2079. That's a good one.

I want to know, did they also include the trial disk for AOL? :LOL:

I still don't regret installing Windows 10 at all. But a possible downside, it seems there are [-]annoyingly[/-] lengthy updates several times/week (compared to Apple IME). And I've had to pretty much had to do each one as they come, as [-]mysteriously?[/-] my internet connection often doesn't work when there's a Win10 update pending, but works fine after. :mad: I am sure each revision is better than the last though.

So if you're on the fence on upgrade timing, something to consider.

I still don't regret installing Windows 10 at all. But a possible downside, it seems there are [-]annoyingly[/-] lengthy updates several times/week (compared to Apple IME). And I've had to pretty much had to do each one as they come, as [-]mysteriously?[/-] my internet connection often doesn't work when there's a Win10 update pending, but works fine after. :mad: I am sure each revision is better than the last though.

So if you're on the fence on upgrade timing, something to consider.

Yes, I figure one reason for the frequent updates is they have a bunch of problems to solve at the moment. That's why I was going to wait 11 1/2 months to install my copy. But their shanghai methods sort of forced me to take it early before they could identify and fix the bugs

I wouldn't be so sure. I have Win 7 and recently my laptop began to suffer a serious performance decline. I traced it to the Windows automatic update, which suddenly was running daily, even though I selected the "no automatic updates" option. I disabled the program and the problem has gone away .. for now. Clearly, though, MS has changed something.

I'm 12 days in on my upgrade to Win 10 and mostly all good for me so far.
A couple minor hick-ups is all.
I'm used to that with windows.

I wouldn't be so sure. I have Win 7 and recently my laptop began to suffer a serious performance decline. I traced it to the Windows automatic update, which suddenly was running daily, even though I selected the "no automatic updates" option. I disabled the program and the problem has gone away .. for now. Clearly, though, MS has changed something.

This article might enlighten -
The comments are also worth reading.

Well, now new updates that are being deployed to all Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 machines will turn their computers into a big piece of spyware, just like their predecessor, Windows 10.

Updates Make Windows 7 and 8 Spy On You Like Windows 10

IMO, Going through the stuff sent to Microsoft doesn't sound that scary. But the user agreement sounds invasive. :(

The rap against Microsoft as I understand it, is that when asked to clarify what data is being collected and why on some of these updates.....silence or a cryptic answer. In the absence of good information people will speculate.

I'm three weeks into Win 10 on this machine and have turned off everything imaginable to thwart sending data/documents/etc back to MS. The way it seems to look and perform is exactly like my Win 7 OS.

The other two machines (DW's and my laptop) we use are staying pat on Win 7. I suspect we will set up one machine on Ubuntu for general internet use like Bill Pay, etc. The laptop is a good candidate for that seeing it only sees very limited use.

The rap against Microsoft as I understand it, is that when asked to clarify what data is being collected and why on some of these updates.....silence or a cryptic answer. In the absence of good information people will speculate.

+1. Microsoft's cryptic answers would make Alan Greenspan confused :LOL:

DH and I both updated to WIN 10. Works great so far. Was fun putting the windows 10 on the win 7 computer. Had to search for a "fix". Found it at Microsoft's website. Needed some updated drivers. So far so good.

I'm getting these flags too on my win7 machine. But I am often on metered wifi in my RV and delay downloading any updates until I have a broadband connection. Or it will gobble up all of my mifi quota.

I hear that win10 installs all updates automatically. Is there no way to make it wait until I am on a broadband line?

How exciting! After reading today's posts on this thread, I checked and I have two Windows 10 updates ready to install as soon as I re-start my computer. I was feeling left out because during almost two weeks of owning a new Windows 10 computer, I hadn't been aware of getting any updates at all yet. :D

Last edited:
My update via Win 7 never worked properly. Had to clean install Win 7 and use the media creation tool to do the upgrade.

I reserved win 10 and now have the install ready to go in my update Que, however I do not want to install it. Is there a way I can de-select it. I have win 7 updates to do but am unable to install them without win 10 installing also. Another gotcha from MS although partly my fault.:facepalm:

I reserved win 10 and now have the install ready to go in my update Que, however I do not want to install it. Is there a way I can de-select it. I have win 7 updates to do but am unable to install them without win 10 installing also. Another gotcha from MS although partly my fault.:facepalm:

Can you right click the update in windows update and select hide the update?

Can you right click the update in windows update and select hide the update?

There is no win 10 update file in update Que only win 7. The win 10 install is just a window with a "lets get started button" which I am not going to hit.

To remove the Windows 10 nagware icon from Windows 7 and remove telemetry collection from Windows 7:

Run as Administrator in command prompt:
wusa /uninstall /kb:3068708 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3022345 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3075249 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3080149 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:2954664 /quiet /norestart

I just passed the one month mark on Windows 10. I just looked at the HDD in my laptop the "old windows" folder is now empty. So far I like win 10 a lot; things run quite a bit faster. I have gone through the settings and turned off everything I can find that reports back to Microsoft.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom