Woo Hoo! Texans can now check the status of their ballot!

Telly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just read about this in the newspaper. As some are aware of, Texas is 1 of only 5 states that do not have a ballot tracking system (though in true TX fashion, we can brag that MS is still no better than us... wait a minute, but LA is, oh the shame!).:D You have to live in TX to understand this :greetings10:

No thanks to the state on this one. It is an independent organization that takes the big data dump that the state blouches out, and picks it apart and puts it into a user-interface that us masses can query using our voter ID number or our name and county.

I used my voter ID #, and it says that my ballot has been received by my county October 17. The result also lists my name, precinct #, and county name. So that gives me a pretty good feeling that it came up with the correct record. After I mailed in my ballot a while ago, I had no idea if it made it there or what. Now, at least I know.

The Texas ballot tracker is built by volunteers and maintained by VoteAmerica, using public data published by the State of Texas. VoteAmerica is a 501(c)3 registered non-profit organization, and does not support or oppose any political candidate or party. Our EIN is 84-3442002. Donations are tax-deductible.
http://www.txballot.org

I early voted in-person a week or so ago, the line was about 45 minutes long. The poll worker said it was very heavy traffic every day. I wonder if there will be anyone left to vote on election day!

I early voted in-person a week or so ago, the line was about 45 minutes long. The poll worker said it was very heavy traffic every day. I wonder if there will be anyone left to vote on election day!

Oh there will be. Not us.
Part of the old school mentality.

Oh there will be. Not us.
Part of the old school mentality.

I miss the process (HUH!?!?!).

But since the ballots were mailed to us, I wasn't going to take a chance on either being accused of trying to vote twice or not having my vote count at all - not that it matters. Realistically there's only one party even though we occasionally have a choice of 2 people - like mayor this year - I don't even recall that they listed their party. There's no point since they are both the same party. YMMV

We'll be voting on Election Day, but not in Texas! We're in Louisiana. We have no idea how big (or small) the crowds will be but we're prepared to wait for a long time if necessary.

Thanks Telly!

Just checked and found mine was received on 10/23. I mailed it on 10/21.

My Cousin Rocco in Chicago just found out his ballot was received on 10/26. That information saved him the cost of the stamp he was going to use to mail his ballot in. :D

Back
Top Bottom