Your Fantasy Bathroom

Repairmanjack said:
The same water stays in the tub all day and everyone in the house, guests and family, use the same water to soak in. Our Japanese friends would soak 3 or 4 times a day.

Ewww. What's that scent you're wearing, honey? Oh, that's Eau d'Repairmanjack. :)

ummm, as you can guess, I tried to be the first in the tub every day.

The real 'ewww' is when you eat a traditional Japanese meal. Nothing is familiar. Being adventurous, I tried a lot of things. Eel, many kinds of raw fish, bulbs, strange pickles. But I yearned for a Big Mac by the time we left.

Japan is an amazing and wonderful place to visit. Speaking of bathrooms, the toilets seem to be either those great high tech toilets or a hole with handholds and you squat. I used the squat one on the bullet train - what a 'rush'!!!

I apologize in advance...   :-X

There are fantasy bathrooms, and nightmares...

Here's a photo from one of the last outings before we left the Middle East... (and no, I don't customarily take such photos -- just wanted a reminder of what I was leaving behind...)

This was in an oasis town about 2 hours south of where we lived. This was comparatively clean, as public facilities go.

And there is no discussion of putting the seat up or down...

Attachments

• hofuf.jpg
    hofuf.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 456
  • hofuf.jpg_thumb
    33.6 KB · Views: 3
Ed_The_Gypsy said:
DanTien,
You have entirely too much time on your hands.
Now that I have my wireless notebook I can multi-task doing more of pretty much nothing all day sitting in many different places... :D...can you guess where I was during the first post of this topic?

I always knew there was a reason I don't travel out of the US (besides refusing to fly) and dory36 just verified that for me. Some bathrooms/facilites in the US are bad enough.

C__

I pretty much have my dream bath. 8)

My bath/shower room is similar to the one mikew describes (same maker, in fact). It looks pretty much like this:
index_pi_001_sub.jpg

but without the sliding glass doors to the outside. As Repairmanjack notes, the shower area where you get clean is to the right of the soaker tub.

There is a control system which automatically fills the tub to the desired depth and temperature (and which can have a different programmed temperature from the shower water), the shower area has the Thermo-floor to prevent cold footsies in the winter, and the large tub comfortably fits parent and child (children generally don't bathe alone in Japan):
index_pi_104.jpg

I love that bath.

We did not get the automatic hose-to-the-washer option -- doing the bucket brigade thing is our bit of LBYM. The washer is in the adjacent room, with the sink, so it is not a big deal.

Our toilet, in its own room, looks pretty much like this:
index_pi_001.jpg

Features: bidet (front or back, as desired) with adjustable strength, temperature and nozzle motion, heated toilet seat, and hand-washing faucet and sink built into the top of the tank. We did not get the optional automatic electronic flush system.

Have to say that bathrooms are one of the best things about living in Japan.

Bpp

dory36 said:
I apologize in advance...   :-X

There are fantasy bathrooms, and nightmares...
Ya know, Dory, as a former Auxiliaries Officer (in charge of toilets & sanitary tanks) I didn't think anything could make me go eeeeeewwwww... I was wrong!

Dory,

I am a sheltered city boy. From my travels, I have decided that the definition of civilization is toilet paper.

By the way, thanks for the info. Maybe I won't check out those jobs in Saudi Arabia now.

Salaam, dude.

Gypsy

Our master bath has a double vanity, toilet, soaker tub (no jets, but I wouldn't use them anyway since I usually take a book with me and the jets are too loud), and a large shower. The room itself is as large as my shared bedroom growing up. There is some tile work and vinyl flooring. To make it my dream bath I would need a heated tile floor and a tiled shower instead of the "ready made" one that is set in there.

Back
Top Bottom