Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyJim View Post
Anybody else count 5 starting rookie quarterbacks in the playoffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn54 View Post
Actually Ponder is in his second year.
Oh, I guess it's four starting rookie quarterbacks. Still....

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Ponder
Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #22
Dryer sheet wannabe

Ponder

Takes more than a few seasons to not be a rookie in the NFL. Will admit Luck and RG111 are looking great. I give us a chance against the pack but will be tough at Lambeau. Losing Winfield hurt bad trust me. That being said Ponder is coming off his best game against the Pack. Peterson can win you a game if you can control the clock and keep Rodgers offthe field. Pack 31 Vikes 21

Old 01-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyJim View Post
Oh, I guess it's four starting rookie quarterbacks. Still....
Luck, RG3 & Wilson. Who is the fourth?

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack
There are only 3. SF QB is in his 2nd year also, along with Ponder.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Hottest selling product for Cowboy fans:
You forgot to mention how badly it stinks. I'm tired of hearing about his performance numbers and the excuses. I also don't like his constantly pointing blame at others. This clown should not have a "C" on his jersey.

Anyway, since Cowboys are out, I'll pull for the Skins because of RG III.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5

You forgot to mention how badly it stinks. I'm tired of hearing about his performance numbers and the excuses. I also don't like his constantly pointing blame at others. This clown should not have a "C" on his jersey.

Anyway, since Cowboys are out, I'll pull for the Skins because of RG III.
The difference between you and me though is I have $500 reasons to be madder at Romo than you, as I had that on their 8.5 season win over total.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

I think it will be a great playoff. I'm a Patriots fan and think the AFC Championship will be Broncos v Patriots. While the Pats beat the Broncos bad in the regular season, the Broncos are a totally different team from the team that the Patriots beat and the game will be in Denver so it should be a great game that could go either way. It will all depend on whether the Patriots defense, which has been suspect all season, shows up that day or not.

From what I have seen the Seahawks are the team to be in the NFC, but if RG3 is regains his early season running form then the Redskins could make things interesting.
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
There are only 3. SF QB is in his 2nd year also, along with Ponder.
I was thinking SF's Kaepernick. Ok, three starting rookies in the playoffs. Plus two 2nd-year QBs who didn't play much before 2012.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post
Douh! Of all four opponents now in the play-offs, that they met during the regular season, the Seahawks defeated them all: SF, MIN, NE and GB. And the Hawks are performing at or very near their peak. The defense is still top-notch. Marshawn Lynch was third in rushing this season only to the crazy-good Adrian Peterson of MIN.

Further, Wilson equaled Peyton Manning's rookie QB season record of TDs thrown, could have surpassed that record yesterday when the call was for a pass into the end zone, but he chose to run it in when a lane opened instead. And Wilson has four rushing TDs, when Peyton had none in his rookie season. And Peyton didn't go to the playoffs in his rookie season. Just saying that Wilson has just been getting better and better, and has had an exceptional rookie QB season so far, which, I hope, portends well for the playoffs.

Go Hawks!
Seattle beat GB? Really? Come on , Man!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Seattle didn't beat GB, the replacement refs did.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Won't pick a "winner", but I'll give odds to the teams with QBs who have been there: Manning, Brady, and Rodgers.

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller View Post
I'd really like to see the Texans win but I'd be very surprised to see them make it to the Superbowl (much less win it) with the way they have been playing the last 4 or 5 games.. Who knows, maybe they will turn it around. So with that said, I'll go with Denver/Manning.

Yea... I was hoping that the Texans were going to go all the way this year... but as the OP said, some teams peaked way early...

BTW, Denver is not the same team that the Texans and NE beat early in the year... I see them as the best right now...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown Harry View Post
That is the consensus opinion today in Houston, with universal moaning and groaning about how they let a bye and home field advantage slip through their hands two weeks in a row. Listening to the sports talk shows today you would think somebody had died.

I'm not quite so gloomy on their prospects. The Texans have a 12-4 record - their best ever - and beat some playoff teams. I think they can beat Cincinnati. But moving on from there to beating Brady and Manning on their home fields in successive weeks is too much to hope for.

It's pretty clear that the "Houston, Cleveland, Detroit and Jacksonville have never made the Super Bowl" record is safe for another year.

I saw the brackets and noticed that the Texans played every team in the AFC playoffs except for Cincy...
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #34
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
They just sacked the Packers' QB too many times and had more points at the end of the game, so, yeah, they beat the Packers. If you wanna pull out that tired old argument about bad ref calls, then the Hawks could have had another couple of wins this season but for some questionable calls. But that's football.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Booked my trip months ago to Vegas to specifically bet on wild card weekend games. The spreads being what they are on many toss up looking games, I might spend more money on beer than betting. Although the beer may inspire me to dig into my wallet and take Ravens covering at home.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post
They just sacked the Packers' QB too many times and had more points at the end of the game, so, yeah, they beat the Packers. If you wanna pull out that tired old argument about bad ref calls, then the Hawks could have had another couple of wins this season but for some questionable calls. But that's football.
Questionable calls happen all the time and I'm sure it works out about even in the end. Most don't change the outcome of a game all that much, but this one was one of the worst calls ever and could not have more directly affected the outcome of the game unless the ref went up to the scorekeeper, held a gun to his head and told him to change the score.

I'm not knocking Seattle. They have a great young team which I really like, but even Marshawn Lynch himself said he felt terrible about winning the game after watching the replay.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Questionable calls happen all the time and I'm sure it works out about even in the end. Most don't change the outcome of a game all that much, but this one was one of the worst calls ever and could not have more directly affected the outcome of the game unless the ref went up to the scorekeeper, held a gun to his head and told him to change the score.

I'm not knocking Seattle. They have a great young team which I really like, but even Marshawn Lynch himself said he felt terrible about winning the game after watching the replay.
Understood, my fellow ER.org Forum pal. (I'm reminded of that Seahawks-Steelers Super Bowl game. )

What's gonna happen this Wildcard Weekend? I can't predict.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #38

Go Hawks!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #39

Down to 8 teams :

Houston @ PATS prediction PATS
Baltimore @ Denver prediction Denver

Seattle @ Atlanta prediction Seattle
Green Bay @ SF prediction Green Bay
Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
Go Hawks!
It looked a bit dismal when the 1st quarter ended, with the Redskins 14-0. The top-rated Seattle defense appeared out-coached, while its one offensive drive that 1st quarter was quashed. But from the 2nd quarter on, the Seahawks proved why they deserve to be in the playoffs.

Yeah, Go Hawks!

BTW: With QBs Luck and RG3 (and Redskins' rookie RB Alfred Morris) losing in the playoffs, should not Seattle QB Wilson be the NFL's "Rookie of the Year"?