5 Ways Psycho Changed the Movies...

I love how the movie just totally changes plots at that point - first a story about Marion, then Norman. I just remember feeling almost disoriented, like 'wait, what happened to the movie I was watching...:confused:? Who took my cheese?'. Very cool. Things like that were quite advanced for the time.

I recall SPELLBOUND as being very heavy-handed, over-acted, it just seemed very stiff and phony to me. But this dream sequence, a collaboration with Salvador Dali is just amazing:

YouTube - Dreams designed by Dalí in Spellbound (1945)

-ERD50

This sure was quite a scary movie.

I remember screaming, but not sure when, probably when they showed Mrs. Bates the first time, that was a surprise. SO's nephew made a mock-up of her in her rocker and brought her to Halloween parties.

I don't remember reason #5! James Joyce got censored for bringing his novel into that room, among other things.

Last edited:
Several parts in Psycho gave me the chills. Of course, when seeing the knife at the shower scene and even more when Norman brings his "mother" down the fruit cellar and we hear the mother's voice telling him to not move him there. The first time I saw it, I was about 7 years old.. Not doubt it scared me.

Even more was an episode on the Hitchcock Hour (the same house was used for Psycho) and Psycho was based on that episode. I watched it recently on Hulu.com and it still gave me chills.

Back
Top Bottom