Alec Baldwin --- Ranting

LKH said:
I think he's a jerk, but what kind of mom would release those tapes? Could she possibly get over her vindictiveness long enough to consider how her kid would feel, not only having her dad call her that, but having the world know about it?

Also, has she considered how much career damage this might do to him? Verbal abuse of children is not something that the movie going public is likely to ignore.

Ha

HaHa said:
Also, has she considered how much career damage this might do to him? Verbal abuse of children is not something that the movie going public is likely to ignore.

Ha

That was probably the point, don't you think? I usually don't pay a lot of attention to the musical marriage game in Hollyweird, and yet even *I* had heard how spiteful this divorce was getting.

He needs anger management counseling.

She needs to grow up and put her kid's well-being ahead of her petty nonsense.

I'm really sad for that kid. I hope she's strong enough to come through all this with some shred of self-confidence intact.

happy2bretired said:
Ok, I'll chime in a little too. I say cut the guy a little slack. With a nasty divorce you never know who the real bad guy is. I also know that some kids can really press your buttons in order to get attention...good or bad attention. It ain't easy being a parent, especially the parents of middle school kids.

As a mother who has raised three children through adolescence, I know how trying they can be sometimes. But there is no excuse, NONE, for the kind of abuse heaped on this girl by her father. If you listen to the tape, you will hear that Baldwin accused his daughter of "humiliating" HIM. You will also hear his vicious, abusive tone. He is the adult. He should take responsibility for humiliating his daughter with such language. I doubt his daughter will ever completely forgive him for this. Young (and old) women have very long memories.

Also, why would Basinger release that tape? This conflict between them, in and out of court, has been going on for YEARS. Perhaps she (and very likely the daughter too) is really tired of having this abusive a**hole in their lives.

In my book, there is no excuse for that type of verbal attack by a parent to thier child. I sure wasn't a perfect parent but I never talked to my kids like that....let alone be stupid enough to record a rant like that onto tape...especially if I was going through a nasty divorce. He is a MORON!

Parents do get angry with their kids, and I'm sure just about everyone loses it and says something that hurts once in awhile. But I agree - calling your kid names like that, that isn't just slipping up. That's deliberately hurtful - it's mean, and it's not OK.

But even if Kim released it with Ireland's consent, I still think it was unnecessarily destructive. I could see her taking it to the judge, playing it privately so that the judge could see what Ireland is dealing with. But it was released to the public. That's just so manipulative and calculating.

Not liking either parent. Just not.

According to late breaking info... The kid has been used as a pawn by Kim B. to agitate Baldwin. Claims are that mom is turning off phone, limiting communication, and manipulating the child.

It seems that what is happening is the same old story that happens all too often. The parents are angry at one another. The split has gotten nasty. And the kid is caught in the cross-fire.

Baldwin's blow-up was distributed to ruin his reputation for the custody battle.

It is an ugly situation. Baldwin is getting the public embarrassment of acting out over the phone shown nationally.

One thing is for sure... it takes two to tango! Both of them should be embarrassed. And both are responsible for things escalating to where they are today!

I think Kenneth should talk to him.

Is there anyone here who has kids who hasn't blown their cool with them a few times? Come on, now, people. I'm not condoning what he said, but cut the guy some slack.
This has no business being made public either. So, let us take a wild guess and say Kim Bassinger put it out there. What dirty pool! She's in no prize either with her past behavior, and just so guilty as he is of dragging this 12 year old thru the mud.
In fact, I think Alec Baldwin was watching his tongue when he called his ex-wife simply "a pain in the ass." I'm sure he would just love to have said more. Both of these parents need to grow up.
I've no doubt Alec Baldwin feels he is superior to use mere mortals and a nasty character by nature, but I still feel this particular incident needs to stay in the courts or in the home...not on tv and the radio.

Texas Proud said:
Sorry... but I am not going to pile on this guy... at least he is TRYING to be with his kid...

There are SO many men that father children... get divorced and never give one hoot about thier offspring... no child support, no calls.... like they never existed... those are the guy I think are slime...

Yes, he is a 'A' personality and is used to getting his way.. he will be that way with his kids... but since none of us know how he is with her when they are alone etc... why pile on:confused:

I tend to agree, I know of a few fathers that are very bitter that they have to pay child support and have heard that when it's there turn for visitation he gets the kids to do as much chores around the house including helping him install shingles on the roof to get his money back. No saying it's right to loose your temper, but I've lost it once or twice myself.

As my DW always tells me, there are 3 sides to every story.

Many divorced fathers have a very hard time. Some ex-wives are great, and things go along quite well, in spite of all the challenges. I know examples of each.

I am sure glad this never happened to me.

Ha

And now a new Daddy Dearest Doll!!!
daddydearest.jpg

Alec Baldwin recently suffered the sting of humiliation after an angry voice mail tirade he left to his daughter was made public. Toy makers quickly scrambled to create a talking doll based on the "bitter dad" phenomenon and recently launched the Alec Baldwin Daddy Dearest Talking Doll. Pull Daddy Dearest's string and prepare to be shocked over the profanities escaping from his mouth. Each time you pull the string, you'll marvel at how Daddy Dearest begins to redden as he trembles with livid anger. Wait a few seconds and hear him start yelling at the top of his lungs! Daddy Dearest is sure to be at the top of every kid's wish list.

HaHa said:

Ha

Interestingly, his career has recently made a strong comeback and Kim Bassinger would be forgotten without this kind of press. Hmmmmmm....

HaHa said:
Many divorced fathers have a very hard time. Some ex-wives are great, and things go along quite well, in spite of all the challenges. I know examples of each.

I am sure glad this never happened to me.

Ha

True. Some ex-husbands are great, and things go along quite well in spite of the challenges. Glad it never happened to me either. Except that one time. Oh, yeah, and that other time too. :-\

I have no problem piling on. The things he said were deliberately cruel - that's abuse. He could be entirely justified in his anger and that still would not excuse the things he said. This is his child - he has an obligation as a father to be a source of security and comfort for her, and if he's so tied up in his own problems that he can't be that, then he needs to get himself some help. And if a good public thrashing will force him to that, then I'll happily pile on. I'll pile on Kim, too, if it will help their kid. She's the only innocent party in this whole morass. Even if she was thoughtless, she's an 11 year old KID, going through hell while the two people she is supposed to love and trust slash each other's throats. She's the victim.

Keep in mind and it's been said before, there are 3 sides to every story. And we haven't heard all 3.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/26/baldwin.apology.reut/index.html

Why does America need to know about Alec Baldwin and his daughter's therapy session with Dr. Phil? And I'm not meaning to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this whole thing sounds more and more like it was deliberately staged/leaked to assist Mr. Baldwin's book/lobbying efforts. I couldn't care less about either Mr. Baldwin or Ms. Basinger, nor do I have any strong opinions about custody rights, so I really don't have a horse in this game. This is just looking more and more like a deliberate publicity stunt, whichever side started the whole mess.

My Dream said:
Keep in mind and it's been said before, there are 3 sides to every story. And we haven't heard all 3.

True, but I heard what he said, and there is no side to the story that would justify a parent saying that to his child.

LKH said:
True, but I heard what he said, and there is no side to the story that would justify a parent saying that to his child.
Sure he was wrong. But Kim baby was limiting his access to the child in violation of the law. And he knew that she would hear the voicemail. He just never imagined that she would release it to the press. Do you think she had the interests of the child in mind when she did that.

He claims to be leaving 30rock to pursue the larger cause of Child Alienation by the spouse with custody. So this soap opera has a few more episodes... ::)

kcowan said:
Sure he was wrong. But Kim baby was limiting his access to the child in violation of the law. And he knew that she would hear the voicemail. He just never imagined that she would release it to the press. Do you think she had the interests of the child in mind when she did that.

He claims to be leaving 30rock to pursue the larger cause of Child Alienation by the spouse with custody. So this soap opera has a few more episodes... ::)

It could be she was limiting access. And if so, she's guilty of abuse as well. But if his anger so overcame him that he was willing to viciously attack his child - and to do so on a recording, with a wife who had litigated everything else to death and who he must realize would take the recording to the judge, then the man has anger issues. He is not in control. He has no business seeing his kid, at least not without someone else there to protect her, until he gets his rage on a leash and doesn't take it out on his child.

LKH said:
It could be she was limiting access. And if so, she's guilty of abuse as well. But if his anger so overcame him that he was willing to viciously attack his child - and to do so on a recording, with a wife who had litigated everything else to death and who he must realize would take the recording to the judge, then the man has anger issues. He is not in control. He has no business seeing his kid, at least not without someone else there to protect her, until he gets his rage on a leash and doesn't take it out on his child.

He has landed in the news before, for things like tearing up a hotel room. Maybe he should be sent to anger management classes; I think I recall reading that they can work. It might help him and anyone who knows him. He can't feel very good about going off on his child like this.

Ha

I heard that he appeared on "The View." Isn't that punishment enough?

LKH said:
He did not attack his child. He was talking to Kim. The child is doing what Kim directs her to do. This is the core of child alienation. The desire to please the remaining parent at any cost.

BTW he is not seeing his kid anyway. He has no rage towards her. He loves her and wants to see her. He is just frustrated. And now that Kim has done this despicable act of releasing a personal communication to the press, how do you think the daughter feels?

kcowan said:
He did not attack his child. He was talking to Kim. The child is doing what Kim directs her to do. This is the core of child alienation. The desire to please the remaining parent at any cost.

BTW he is not seeing his kid anyway. He has no rage towards her. He loves her and wants to see her. He is just frustrated. And now that Kim has done this despicable act of releasing a personal communication to the press, how do you think the daughter feels?

My Dream said:
Has he agreed that he said it?

Here's a link to the actual audio, so you can hear for yourselves. http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/0419_baldwin.mp3

It's very clear that he is talking to his daughter (unless Kim is in fact 12 years old). He curses at her, he calls her a pig - twice. He threatens to fly in especially to "straighten you out."

And if Kim did release it, she's as abominable as he is. But she claims she did not. She says she turned the tape over to the judge in their custody case, and that he is the only one she's allowed to hear it. I think it's absolutely correct to give it to the judge. If someone in the judge's office released it, then they should be fired and possibly sued.

And yes, he's done a press conference where he lays all the blame on Kim. Couldn't possibly be a lack of control on his part.

L

Back
Top Bottom