An Honest Epiitaph You Could Die With?

Quaker headstone

As a practising Quaker, I'm limited by the rules of the Meeting to just my full name plus birth and death dates.

However, I may try to get a small incisment in the stone, down near ground level, saying ...

"... and?" >:D

Johnny Carson suggested: "Johnny will be right back."

I can think of two for me.

"At last, she found the answer to that pesky question!"

Or, another one might be,

"What does a girl have to do for some peace and quiet around here?"

>:D:angel:

I'll steal this one from Winston Churchill.
I am ready to meet my Maker.

Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal
of meeting me is another matter.

When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!
Bobby Knight

I just saw my uncle and aunt's gravestone. Under his name it reads: "Climb Peaks, singing silly songs." Under hers it reads "Marvel at the Wildflowers."

I thought these were very nice and fitting.

I don't want one. Waste of resources. Honestly speaking, I'd be happy if somebody tied my dead body to a big rock and dropped me in the middle of the ocean/lake/etc.

Bonus inheritance if they can do it using only natural resources they acquire first-hand without purchasing. Of course this provision in the will would not be known unless somebody actually does it, after which they find out and get the bonus.

For your thoughtfulness, Peaceful Warrior, you still deserve an epitaph: "Even to the end, he proved his commitment to the environment".

But seriously, I'm with you. The best epitaph all is a positive memory in the minds of those who knew you.

Last edited:
Hmmm - I have a prepaid cremation - just in case I live long enough that wooden boats and flaming arrow shooters are obsolete/hard to rustle up.

Betcha there'll be a few Mead drinkers around though!

heh heh heh - I would rather be living in Philadelphia or some other variation of the W.C. Field's quote.

Whew! I wish that I hadn't had the beans at my last meal.

Oscar Wilde on his deathbed:

Either that wallpaper goes, or I go.

(he did)

Not my original idea (tips hat at Billy and Akaisha), plus I think it's more fitting for a certain aunt and uncle... but...

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

Back
Top Bottom