Another Earthquake - this time in Peru

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Magnitude 6.9, near the border with Brazil.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 24 13.59.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 24 13.59.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 3
No info yet on damages or injuries, but it looks to be a rather remote area from what I could tell.
I know some folks that are headed there for the Sept 3 Mototaxi run from Piura to Cusco and I hope the earth settles down a bit before then!

No info yet on damages or injuries, but it looks to be a rather remote area from what I could tell.
I know some folks that are headed there for the Sept 3 Mototaxi run from Piura to Cusco and I hope the earth settles down a bit before then!
That's jungle region. Not heavily populated nor well developed, so not so much injury or damage. This part of the country has few "alternate routes" so damage to bridges and roads can be minor (only one bridge) but consequential (the only bridge) and be out of service for weeks, or (more likely) months. Brings back memories...

MotoTaxi shouldn't be an issue; if the road is blocked there is plenty of time to re-work the route. As long as someone is paying attention...

True, Michael. And of course, the mototaxiers have to find their own route, no route planning or mechanical support provided by the event sponsors, who refer to it as the "unroute". All you get is a big party at the start and a "good luck, chaps" along with a hearty clap on the back!

I have friends who live in southern Belize and their only bridge was out for months after a minor tropical storm. Cue the "do you have the temperament to live abroad?" thread.

True, Michael. And of course, the mototaxiers have to find their own route, no route planning or mechanical support provided by the event sponsors, who refer to it as the "unroute". All you get is a big party at the start and a "good luck, chaps" along with a hearty clap on the back!
That's "buena suerte, chicas, y un abrazo"

I have friends who live in southern Belize and their only bridge was out for months after a minor tropical storm. Cue the "do you have the temperament to live abroad?" thread.
Temperament and ingenuity. It's amazing how people adapt and find ways to deal with these challenges, but they do.

Back
Top Bottom