Any geocachers here?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A friend told me about geocaching. Never heard of it. Sounds interesting.

Yes!!
I don't do it as often as some, but I do it locally as well as when I pack the dogs up and drive cross country.
It's sort of a fun little experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

There are times when I put something away so that I can find it, and spend a lot of time trying to actually find it.

Is that the same thing?

I've done it a handful of times, but I would not go so far as to say it is a hobby. It was a fun addition to a normal hike.

I've found a couple dozen. It is a nice way to explore places (parks, trails, landmarks) that I don't usually visit even though they are nearby.

There's a cache quite near our mountain house that I am unable to find despite a couple of searching sessions. It's been logged as "found" before and after my attempts so I know it's there somewhere. I just can't find it....that frustrates me.

Yes. Great activity to do with friends or solo. Also, great if you travel. There's almost always one near the hotel. Often, they have some connection to local history you might not otherwise have heard about.

GiF

This is your life....and it's ending one minute at a time.

Yes. Got started with the grandkids but has now evolved into a semi-hobby for me. I've hidden a few locally and found 300+ to date. I enjoy the problem solving and detective work required to find the trickier caches. Also enjoy visiting and hiking to places we wouldn't normally think of going to.

Back
Top Bottom