Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Oh dear, you're going to ask me to explain my odd statements?

Well lets see, I believe Woody Allen said that about 15 or 20 years ago. I'm guessing the reason was that Warrens hands had been in places that any part of Woody's anatomy could only dream of.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

fyi, my avatar is a dolphin you would not want as your reincarnation, the now extinct chinese river dolphin aka the goddess of the yangtze.

China's Rare River Dolphin Now Extinct, Experts Announce

Quote:
There are now five species of freshwater dolphins left in the world, four of them living in major freshwater systems in Asia. All are critically endangered.
these playful, amazing, intelligent mammals are endangered even in the open oceans.

Scoop: Endangered Dolphins Pose Challenge For NZ

Quote:
... will become somewhat redundant unless the Government provides effective protection for Hector’s and Maui’s dolphins... “These dolphins live only in New Zealandwater and are facing extinction. Hector’s dolphins have declined from an estimated 29,000 in the 1970s to just 7,000 today. The situation for Maui’s is more grave with just 111 remaining.”

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:34 AM   #23
Give me a forum ...

re the reason was that Warrens hands had been in places that any part of Woody's anatomy could only dream of.
gotcha. leave it to woody allen to come out with that one.

ol' warren never did much for me. too much a pretty boy.

but for tom selleck, my engines go vroom vroom vroom
Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #24
Give me a forum ...

I used to work with a salesman named Bill that looked exactly like Tom Selleck, and our district managers last name was Selleck. We'd all go out for drinks after work and the DM would hand his amex card to Bill to hand to the waitress. 95% of the time she'd wander back and ask if he was related and he's say he was Tom's brother. Then within 10 minutes it'd get around and we'd have a bunch of women with big eyes hanging around the table.

Unfortunately for Bill, on his first day at work his wife sent him some flowers and he wasnt in his office when they showed up. We all read the card before he got back. "To 'cuddlemuffins' from your honey".

Guess what we called him from then on...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

cuddlemuffins...and i'll be he never lived that one down.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #26
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yup, okay to come back as a dolphin.....as long as I wasn't forced to swim with humans in a confined area (tourist attraction or therapy for disabled kids)! If someone can promise me that, I'll put in my order for my next life....
Old 03-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post

cuddlemuffins...and i'll be he never lived that one down.
Oh you betcha.

My favorite one was watching him get into it with the DM over one of his forecasts and he got pretty agitated about a few things and they got a little red faced. So the DM says "Allllright...okay...I'm skeptical but I believe you'll come through with these deals (evil grin)...cuddlemuffins..."

Theres just no defense whatsoever when everyone you work with has that much of a puncturing device.

We even had our admin get him a new name plate for his door...

On the other hand, it meant we had to be on our toes. My office had a window overlooking the front entrance to the building and I see a flower truck pull up and the guy hops out with a big bunch of roses and heads for the front door. About 5 seconds later the lady at the front desk hits the PA and says "delivery for cfb!" (gee, thanks for doing it over the PA instead of calling me on the phone)

I set a record for the 200 yard dash to beat everyone else out to the front desk and scoot those flowers out to my locked car...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Oh you betcha.

My favorite one was watching him get into it with the DM over one of his forecasts and he got pretty agitated about a few things and they got a little red faced. So the DM says "Allllright...okay...I'm skeptical but I believe you'll come through with these deals (evil grin)...cuddlemuffins..."

Theres just no defense whatsoever when everyone you work with has that much of a puncturing device.

We even had our admin get him a new name plate for his door...

On the other hand, it meant we had to be on our toes. My office had a window overlooking the front entrance to the building and I see a flower truck pull up and the guy hops out with a big bunch of roses and heads for the front door. About 5 seconds later the lady at the front desk hits the PA and says "delivery for cfb!" (gee, thanks for doing it over the PA instead of calling me on the phone)

I set a record for the 200 yard dash to beat everyone else out to the front desk and scoot those flowers out to my locked car...
sounds like w*rk was actually fun. i envy you.

good story. keep 'em coming...