Are you a private person or a people person?

I expected to be a INTJ, but when I got the test back, it said "OMGWTF"

Here's the link to the test.
Personality tests: free and four questions

I just took it and I'm ISFJ.

Here's what those stand for from the Myers-Briggs Indicator -
Dichotomies
Extraversion (E) - (I) Introversion
Sensing (S) - (N) Intuition
Thinking (T) - (F) Feeling
Judgment (J) - (P) Perception

The description was very close to how I am.

I have done this test several times; I always test out ENTJ. However, my I/E axis is very close. I think this accurately describes me. I have always thought of myself as an introvert who needs people. At a party, I enjoy individuals, not so much the group. However, I do enjoy my interaction with the individuals in the party atmosphere, and would not like to miss it.

I could not possibly hang around my home for more than one day at a time. I hate doing solitary and routine tasks. Solitary tasks with a large cognitive component are fine, but even then I want frequent social breaks from the task.

In the normal course of my life, I almost always am left desiring more, not less, social contact. If I see someone for coffee, or dancing or whatever in the morning, I am ready for more by afternoon. Of course I am a middle aged divorced man, a member of a notoriously lonely group.

One thing that has hurt me is that I have discovered that staying out late tends to ruin my sleep habits, so I have reluctantly begun getting to bed much earlier. This is rough as my social life for years has revolved around nighttime activities.

It seems that I must start to avoid excitement, whether mental, physical or social, not long after 8-9 PM. Doing this seems to make it very likely that I will get a long night of sleep, and not go around like a zombie the following day.

Even sex goes better with good sleep if I can get at it early. I am turning into a true stick in the mud.

Ha

I came up as an ISTJ. I really stuggled with the third question as I had to count the yes'es to each side to have a tiebreaker.

Would a true introvert feel the need to connect with others even by reading an Internet board? Would a true introvert post to an Internet board, meaning interacting with others? But would a true extrovert be happy reading or posting to an Internet board rather than enjoying direct interaction? Are there any question marks left in the e-r.org supply closet?

Would a true introvert feel the need to connect with others even by reading an Internet board? Would a true introvert post to an Internet board, meaning interacting with others? But would a true extrovert be happy reading or posting to an Internet board rather than enjoying direct interaction? Are there any question marks left in the e-r.org supply closet?

Internet communication is a very recent thing in human history/evolution.

I think it wonderful that there is a means of human interaction wherein I can engage or cease to engage solely on my own terms.

It seems that I must start to avoid excitement, whether mental, physical or social, not long after 8-9 PM. ...

Even sex goes better with good sleep if I can get at it early. I am turning into a true stick in the mud.

Ha

HaHa, if you are still measuring your sexual encounters with a watch and not a calendar, you are doin' OK ;)

-ERD50

HaHa, if you are still measuring your sexual encounters with a watch and not a calendar, you are doin' OK ;)

-ERD50

This may be truly the wisest words ever spoken here.
DH has a couple of diehard bachelor buddies who often lament about being "on the calendar" during ahem, dry spells, and I am going to love sharing that line with them! :D:D:D

I am very extrovert when dealing with what I consider interesting people. Interesting as in amusing, funny, good conversationist, whatever....:) Or with really kind and nice people. But then....aren´t we all extroverts in those cases:)?
Wasn´t Will Rogers who said that he hadn´t met a men/women he didn´t liked... Well I think he is the exception:).

I'm a dog person. People not required.

img_1003464_0_251c199b6023189b5e09004ffb41c875.gif

I'm a dog person. People not required.

img_1003955_0_251c199b6023189b5e09004ffb41c875.gif

Reminds me of the bumper sticker: "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Or as I said to a friend about what I liked about my job doing computer forensics "... and I didn't have to deal with any danged people!"

Leave me alone. :hide:

Really, I'm mostly a stay at home, relatively private person, and happy that way. But I like to occasionally get out and hang with people. Especially since I don't drink in public much anymore. :LOL: Less opportunity for embarassing myself or DW. But I'm fairly good at being sociable in crowds of strangers. I'm not sure where that puts me on the charts. I guess I swing both ways. :angel:

Internet communication is a very recent thing in human history/evolution.

I think it wonderful that there is a means of human interaction wherein I can engage or cease to engage solely on my own terms.
If only it worked that way in real life. Instead, people will deliberately place themselves in your path at a time they know you'll be there so they could "coincidentally" run into you and subject you to forced socializing FOR NO REASON other than to waste your time and delay you. This is why I want to work in one city while living in another. This way, once my day is done, I don't have to concern myself with running into any co-workers when I'm off-duty and can just do whatever I want without pointless bullshit in the way of me enjoying MY free time.

Back
Top Bottom