Awful Movies

I saw the worst movie ever made last night. Rented it from Netflix. My wife is Filipino and it was filmed in the Philippines so I thought she might like it. It starred a guy that was on the first Survivor show on TV. The name of it was "Gone" and it was made in 2002. Absolutely the worst ever, hands down.

My Dinner with Andre -- crushingly dull

My Dinner with Andre -- crushingly dull

Even worse, I had to read the book in college and do a report on it.

In this case, watching the movie while eating a pizza and drinking beer was the lesser of 2 evils.

One of the worst movies I have ever seen was "Boxing Helena."

I remember not too many years ago "Gigli" was a box office bomb...never saw it, never will.

I also remember Johnny Carson making fun of another movie disaster for a while..."Ishtar"

There you go...there are a few that I know are so bad that I wont even bother;) There was another one a few years back Pluto Nash...with Eddie Murphy that was so bad, they didnt let the critics see it and pushed it right to video....and this thread isnt even getting to bad sequels...never saw Sister Act II-back in the habit, Weekend at Berny's II, etc.:eek:

Hey, hey, hey - I liked that movie

So did the critics,, which is the reason I went to see it. While it may have been an interesting conversation in which to participate, merely watching the two of them have the conversation could not hold my interest.

Hey, hey, hey - I liked that movie

I liked it too (My Dinner with Andre).

Hated Karate Kid III, maybe because I saw it during a way-too-long lay-over in Salt Lake City combined with sleep deprivation.

So did the critics,, which is the reason I went to see it. While it may have been an interesting conversation in which to participate, merely watching the two of them have the conversation could not hold my interest.

I think it helped if you were a New Yorker or lived there for awhile - NYC or specifically Manhattan is not normal.

My Dinner with Andre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The rest of the film is a conversation as Shawn tries to argue that living life as Gregory has done for the past five years is simply not possible for the vast majority of people. In response, Gregory suggests that what passes for normal life in New York in the late 1970s is more akin to living in a dream than it is to real life"

Anyone remember MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000)? They made bad movies fun!

I think it helped if you were a New Yorker or lived there for awhile - NYC or specifically Manhattan is not normal.

My Dinner with Andre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The rest of the film is a conversation as Shawn tries to argue that living life as Gregory has done for the past five years is simply not possible for the vast majority of people. In response, Gregory suggests that what passes for normal life in New York in the late 1970s is more akin to living in a dream than it is to real life"

Maybe it is a matter of perspective. I must admit that I found Woody Allen's Manhattan almost equally tiresome. But then again, I watched both movies as a young guy fresh out of Missouri, long before I spent many years working in Manhattan. I may watch them again to see if my views have changed with experience.

There was another one a few years back Pluto Nash...with Eddie Murphy that was so bad, they didnt let the critics see it and pushed it right to video

Swell, my wife put that on the tivo back in august and we havent watched it yet.

Another savings of an hour of my valuable time. Thanks!

Anyone remember MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000)? They made bad movies fun!

I loved that show! I will never forget the movie where martians kidnapped Santa and two little kids...who knows (or really cares) which flick it really was - the MST guys' comments made me laugh all through the campy movie! The tackier the movie, the better it was on MST!!!

Are they out on DVD? Boxed set?? :D

Brazoodles of mst3k stuff for sale on vhs and dvd at amazon.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned ataaaaaack of the killlller tomatoes!

Worse than walking out on a movie, I fell asleep at "Cabin Boy" starring Chris somebody. Really stupid, but my 8 year old boy loved it.
Some of the movies you folks hated I loved. Different stokes.
I read somewhere that Michael Murphy's (?) wife divorced him after doing Austin Powers. She got sick of that stupid, stupid Austin Powers accent, too. Smart girl.

Some bad movies are fun. Some are not.
"Fun" bad movies:
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (with or without MST3K)
Eegah! (with or without MST3K)
Van Helsing
The Day After Tomorrow
Prince of Space (MST3K)

"Bad" bad movies
The Avengers
Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies -- bad even with MST3K!
Manos: The Hands of Fate -- bad even with MST3K!
A Boy and His Dog
King Arthur (with Clive OWen and Keira Knightley)

The "bad" bad ones are just horrible to try to sit through. The "fun" ones are badly done but fun to make fun of or laugh at.

You're right Kronk. Some movies are so bad you can make fun of them and still enjoy that. Others, you expect a lot out of because they have good people involved and still turn out awful. Those are just painful to watch.

Jurassic Park

My wife and I both hated it. We stayed because we thought the other liked it. I knew 10 minutes into it who would live and who would die. Awful

Oh, I forgot about Saw. The one I watched was truly worthless. The other horrible horror movie I can't get out of my head is that wretched Hostel. I will remember the #$%%^ thing until my last minute! And I agree that Borat was totally idiotic. I'm glad I've missed a whole lot of these others--that is the reward for seeing so few movies!

I loved that show! I will never forget the movie where martians kidnapped Santa and two little kids...who knows (or really cares) which flick it really was - the MST guys' comments made me laugh all through the campy movie! The tackier the movie, the better it was on MST!!!

Are they out on DVD? Boxed set?? :D

A lot of videos on youtube, also...my favorite is Werewolf...YouTube - MST 3K Werewolf (1/10)

Back
Top Bottom