Baseball 2015

The Cardinals things seems to be a crime of opportunity. Like when someone leaves their car running outside a convenience store. Someone on the Cardinals knew how to access the Astros system, so they did. I don't expect it to be a big plot or anything. Although as with everything else, it's the coverup that gets interesting.

The Cardinals things seems to be a crime of opportunity. Like when someone leaves their car running outside a convenience store. Someone on the Cardinals knew how to access the Astros system, so they did. I don't expect it to be a big plot or anything. Although as with everything else, it's the coverup that gets interesting.

Those guys still go to jail for stealing that car.....................opportunity or not.

so the new cardinal scandal needs a name, like black sox, etc.

lame birds is not good enough. any suggestions?

cardinal sin

Actually, I like the St. Louis Sin (it sounds like a real team).

Also, the violation wasn't done by players but employees.

On Nightly News, the story said the Cardinals gained access via use of old passwords known from former workers. Morale of the story, change old passwords when employees leave :facepalm:.

Actually its the opposite of that. One of the front office people left the Cardinals and now works for the Astros. The Cardinals allegedly knew the guys password from when he worked in St Louis and tried it in the Astros' databases and he hadn't changed it. So the guy who left needed to change his password, not the employer. No idea how the Cardinals got access to the Astros' databases though. Surely there's not some master MLB server that everyone uses.

how about those Astros?

Astros have been very impressive but they are next to last in batting avg and first in strikeouts. They are winning by hitting HR after HR. I dont think that can continue all season. I see the Rangers overtaking them very shortly. The Rangers also have 3 All Star caliber starting pitchers coming back from injury in the next 3 weeks.

Astros have been very impressive but they are next to last in batting avg and first in strikeouts. They are winning by hitting HR after HR. I dont think that can continue all season. I see the Rangers overtaking them very shortly. The Rangers also have 3 All Star caliber starting pitchers coming back from injury in the next 3 weeks.

Agree, its been great seeing the Rangers rise from the ashes of April. I'll admit I was pretty concerned back then, but both pitching and clutch hitting have come around and they are displaying a contender attitude again.

well I guess we'll see

what I like about this years Stros is that they play hard, all the way to the end

can't wait to see them beat the Mariners on Sunday

whats really weird about this whole Cardinals / Astros thing is that the dude left the Cardinals in 2011. Maybe the Cardinals didnt care about the Astros proprietary info until they started winning this year?

I haven't been following the White Sox in some time - been busy following the Blackhawks. I checked the MLB standings today and find the White Sox firmly entrenched in last place. Sickening because they have the potential to be a very good team.

how about those Astros?

I've held back on getting excited about the Astros, but we're now at the 3/4 point in the season and they're still in first place, 4 games ahead of the Rangers and the fading Angels.

There are still plenty of reasons to be skeptical. Too much depndence on the home run. No production at first base. The center fielder we traded for is hitting .184 as an Astro. A terrible record on the road.

But Correa as shortstop is the real deal. He looks like a Rookie of the Year candidate.

And oh my, the pitching. Two starters with 13 wins, a solid bullpen and the number 5 man in the rotation pitched a no-hitter against the Dodgers and their $200 million+ payroll on Friday.

We'll see. The skeptic in me says they will have a 1 and 5 road trip against the Yankees and Twins this week heading into September's divisional play.

In any case, it's been a fun season compared to the train wrecks of the past several years. Maybe the Cards were onto something with checking our GM's notes. :)

I want to know why are there so many no hitters this year. 5 and counting? Is the reason because hitters can't hit? Or pitchers are better? Or because the hitters are staying off the juice?

I want to know why are there so many no hitters this year. 5 and counting? Is the reason because hitters can't hit? Or pitchers are better? Or because the hitters are staying off the juice?

The strikeout rate is way up.

OMG, I better post this today since I doubt it will last very long. The Houston Astros are in first place in the American League west.

And they still are. :dance: (And the above was posted over 4 months ago.) I would have never bet that this could be happening at this point in the season.:facepalm:

Next thing you know the US stock market (DOW) will have one of it's 10 largest daily point losses in it's history. Wait a minute, didn't that just happened on Friday.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Rangers are coming up fast. And they're not just thinking wildcard...

Astros beat NYY (and their huge payroll) 15-1 in NY yesterday

Sweeping through the west coast....hopefully......

Last edited:
As a Jays fan I'm hoping for two things. The Wild Card spot and the Sox to be last in the AL East. :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Getting close to the end and my dreams are coming true... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom