Best prepaid phone cards?

summer2007

Recycles dryer sheets
When I looked at my last phone bill I thought enough is enough! I want to try out the prepaid phone cards to see how it goes and I'm looking for the best one or ones.

I would only be making calls inside the U.S. and I really want to avoid the cards that charge you like 5 times as much for calls in your same state!

Anyway here is two I thought looked decent I wanted to see if anyone uses any better than these?

Cheap Prepaid International Long Distance Phone Service - Tel3Advantage.com Flex Plan

Cheap Rates: prepaid phone card and International long distance calling cards

Thanks

Jim

I use a calling card from Costco. I believe the rate is 2.5 cents / minute. No connection fees or sneaky add ons. And you can recharge it indefinitely from your credit card.

I use the prepaid cards from Sam's club. Same type of deal as Costco. The price was 2.7 or 2.9 cents/minute...don't know if the price has changed, I'm still working off one I bought a couple of years ago.

Second on the Sam's Club. Watch out for expiration dates and other fees on other cards that may seem cheaper.

Any more, with Skype I'm not sure why I bother with calling cards!

KB, beware, they have changed the rates on Sam's club prepaid cards. They raised the in-state rate when we bought more minutes a month or so ago. I can't remember the rate, but recall it is more than .10/minute! (will use prepaid cell instead) Out of state rate stayed at 3.5 or 4 cents/minute.

I use the MCI cards from Costco. They are as travelover says, except the rate is 2.85 cents/minute - a great deal, IMO. I used to use the ATT cards from SAM's (3.47 cents/minute), but switched after ATT introduced a 15% fee for recharging over the phone.

I use PinByE-mail.com. I spent $5.24 for 263 minutes through Amazon.com. I have no idea if it's "the best" but it is easy to use. One house guest switched to her cell phone when she apparently got the message that the call could not go through on my phone. Yet another way to be frugal, drop long distance and use these cards.

Thanks everyone

I looked at the cards at sams club and the problem there is if you call within your own state with them they use 5 TIMES the amount of minutes as if you call outside of your own state.

This sounds like total nonsense to me so that is why I looked to other prepaid card providers.

Jim

Not a calling card, but take a look at onesuite.com.

Pricing is 0.03 / minute using the 800 number, less if you use a local access number. I think you may have to add $$ every 6 months or year for the money in the account not to be held inactive (even if you forget to add $$, the account balance will not reset to $0).

Back
Top Bottom