Best Self-Help Book You Have Read

runnerr

Recycles dryer sheets
What is the best self-help book you have ever read? I swear by Carnegie’s “How to Stop Worrying and Start Living” followed by his “How to Win Friends and Influence People.” And yours would be:confused:

Besides my dad's investment advice, I started with Andrew Tobias' "The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need." He got me into both investing in stocks and LBYM.

Actually there have been several. But if I had to choose only one......"FIRST THINGS FIRST" by Stephen R. Covey, A. Roger Merrill, & Rebecca R. Merrill.

......Carnegie’s.......“How to Win Friends and Influence People.”

And that one also!

......Andrew Tobias' "The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need." He got me into both investing in stocks and LBYM.

Ditto! This one, too!

(but "FIRST THINGS FIRST" is still......ummmm......First!) ;)

"How to live humbly when you're so full of awesome" by some guy that wasn't as cool as me.

This book has helped me with learning how to stop scaring off the mortals around me.

That, and 7 habits of highly effective people.

I certainly did enjoy "How to stop worrying and start living" because 20 years ago I was doing a lot of worrying and no living but I sometimes wonder if I would already be retired if I had never read it. There is a theory that I took it too much to heart :)

7 habits / Corvey
Getting things done / Allen
The now habit / Fiore
Blow your own horn / Davidson
Your money, your life / Dominguez + Robin

Anything by Robert Kiyosaki :eek::D:D:D

My work here is done.

How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive and Well, circa 1968

Anything by Robert Kiyosaki :eek::D:D:D

My work here is done.

Thanks, Arif, that is the funniest thing I read all day.

The book that jumps to mind is Harry Browne's "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World" (1974) which I read when I was in my late 20s. Besides being a great read regarding personal freedom, I think he's the one who says to never worry about prices under $10; that may translate to $100.00 now. It was something like, if you get gyped less than $10, let it go, I think its good advice.

In relation to retirement my favorite is: "Get A Life" by Nolo Press.

On financial life in general "Your Money Or Your Life", just getting the idea of the value of your time in your life.

Back
Top Bottom