Bicycles & Biking

Been doing it long? Since childhood (haven't we all), but as exercise off and on for almost 30 years.
What kind of biking... road, mountain, cruiser, stationary:confused: :) Road
Serious, or just occasionally? Both. Years ago I did several century rides, and several multi-day rides (VT, OH), trained daily when I was focused. More sporadic now, I only put 700 miles on my bike this year - I wish I rode more. Though the riding season is only 6-7 months/year where I am.
What kind of bike(s)... ? 2006 Trek Madone 5.5
Into the technical part of biking? Just enough to maintain mine.
Ride alone or in a group? Usually alone training - especially now that I'm ER (all my friends still work), but with DW some, and groups occasionally.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
davef said:
We visited Iceland but did not bike there. I would love to hear more about your trip. Did you have a blog. If not, can you share your experience. Thanks

The first half was hell. I rode Rt 1 from Reykjavik to Eggilstadir, going through Vik and Hofn. The head winds and the sandur were tough. I stayed in hostels and guest houses each night, but on some days I only saw a few cars and leaving Hofn I felt like I was heading toward the end of the world. When I got to the far East of the island at Eggilstadir I rented a car and did a 10 day driving tour of the north. I'll go back one year and try to ride around the whole island. I'll be better prepared next time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom