Brewing Beer At Home, Part Deux

April Fools LOL

I'll stick to the corny kegs!! My kegerator is banished to the basement.

Though that would be funny if I did that to the fridge today for when the wife came home. I could tell her I modified the fridge for a new beer tap!!! :LOL:

Good stuff! I wouldn't put it past some of the yahoos I tailgate with to put a tap in their car! Although I wouldn't give them any tasty homebrew to stock it with.

Been waiting for a good video this day! And since it's homebrewing related, it's perfect.

Gotta get me one of those stretch bottles, and I'll also surprise SWMBO when she gets home. :LOL:

The 5 gallon bottle video was shot well over a year ago, and I sat on it until last year at this time. I posted it last year on a few sites, but the folks here had to catch it on reruns, hehe.

thanks for posting! I found myself really analyzing the video - trying to see if it was something I could use in my home brewing. Then finally I got it,

Last edited:
I just tapped into a keg of my go to summer home brew and it is tastyyyyy! I actually make it from an extract kit from Northern Brewer called "Synchronicity Extraordinaire Wheaten Saison". Brewed with lemon grass and orange peel it has a great floral smell with a nice balanced (not overwhelming) citrus finish. It is super easy with 1 week in primary, 2 weeks in secondary and 4 days in the keg.

Sometimes I feel like I am cheating by making beer from an extract kit but it seems as though these kits are getting better and better (IMO). I find myself going more and more towards these kits as of late as it saves me an hour or two on brew day.

So..... should I feel guilty for abandoning the methods of our forefathers and is/has anyone used these kits? If so from where (Northern Brewer, etc.) and what is your opinion on them?

If it tastes good and you like it you have no reason at all to feel guilty. It's your beer, after all! Looks like a tasty recipe I might try myself, and it looks like it finishes quickly enough that there's still time to enjoy it this summer.

Besides, with 5 lb wheat to 3 lb barley malt in the all-grain version, I would feel even less guilty for taking a detour from the all-grain route on this one. I've only had one stuck mash in my brewing and it was NO fun.

Back
Top Bottom