Can Someone Help Me Retouch my photo for LinkedIn?

nico08

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi. Unfortunately, I am not ready to retire. However, the large company I work for is relocating and I will probably lose my job because I do not want to move and I will have to apply for my current job like a stranger off the street. The company is moving to another part of the country so they can justify bringing the pay scale down and hoping that employees wont relocate so they can hire new people at lower starting wages. And of course they will get a major tax incentive from the state that they are moving to. Whatever.

So I am setting up a LinkedIn account. I had someone take a few photos of me dressed in professional attire. I did some editing in Picasa. The photo looks better, but I am trying to reduce a double chin, fix the way my tie and collar appear, take the blotches out of my skin, take away some of the gray in my hair. Would someone be willing to give me their email address so that I could email the photo to you so that you could do some touch up on the photo. I would appreciate it.

Here, I believe is a link to the photo. If you can retouch it, and let me know where/how I can access it, that would be great. https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAEM/c9oynPfDSaM/w497-h373/DSCF2063a.jpg

Or you can send your email address to me as a private message and then I can get the photo to you.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Here you go

Attachments

• MV5BNDE5MTQ5MjQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU2NjkzNw@@._V1._CR0,0,1473,1473_SS100_.jpg
    MV5BNDE5MTQ5MjQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU2NjkzNw@@._V1._CR0,0,1473,1473_SS100_.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 141
My advice is to just get a better picture taken. Someone who knows about portrait photography will be able to take a more flattering photo. I would hesitate to retouch a photo used for a job hunt. It sort of smacks of dishonesty. How do they know you are not just stretching the truth on your resume?

I realize this is just to get your foot in the door for a face-to-face interview but be careful with this.

You can do quite a bit with Microsoft Office Picture Manager yourself. Auto Correct probably won't help, but play with the various slider controls under Picture>Brightness and Contrast and Picture>Color. You can pretty much make it look however you want, though a better picture might be the solution. Best of luck...

There's quite a bit that can be done with photo editing but eventually it does look artificial. The quality of the original photo is the foundation that the whole process depends on. Frankly, the original that you are using as a starting point is a poor one. For something as important as making quality contacts for employment I think the investment in a professional portrait will pay dividends, especially when the negative effect of a poor photographic representation is considered.

Hi. The profile photo on LinkedIn ends up being very small anyway. I am not currently in a position to spend money and time on a "professional" photo. I was just asking for someone to see if they could make some improvement to the photo.

The photo is current, not ten years old. Retouching is a standard practice. So, whoever commented that a retouch smacks of dishonesty, is not making any sense. I am a moral and professional person, but your definition of morality and professionalism is unreasonable.

I do not really want commentary, I need help. If you can help, please do. Thank you so much.

Hi. The profile photo on LinkedIn ends up being very small anyway. I am not currently in a position to spend money and time on a "professional" photo. I was just asking for someone to see if they could make some improvement to the photo.

The photo is current, not ten years old. Retouching is a standard practice. So, whoever commented that a retouch smacks of dishonesty, is not making any sense. I am a moral and professional person, but your definition of morality and professionalism is unreasonable.

I do not really want commentary, I need help. If you can help, please do. Thank you so much.
Quick edit for you.

Attachments

• DSCF2063a-fixed.jpg
    DSCF2063a-fixed.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
What a question to ask on an Early Retirement board! How about a photography board instead? I think that you should worry more about networking and less about your photo. Skip the photo altogether and boost your skills section is my suggestion.

What a question to ask on an Early Retirement board! How about a photography board instead? I think that you should worry more about networking and less about your photo. Skip the photo altogether and boost your skills section is my suggestion.
Great advice. Thanks!

The original photo is lousy, with flat lighting from on-camera flash, deep shadows, and low resolution. It is good for a driver's license photo or mug shot. No amount of Photoshop skill can help. There is no hope.

Any moderately competent pro will be far ahead of that and it won't cost that much.

Back
Top Bottom