Can you run 8 miles a day?

So see? All you leg men out there - - buy your wives a high quality elliptical. A side bonus is that you can work out on it, too.

After I GET an elliptical, and after I have been working out on it regularly for a year or two, then check back.... :D I don't have one now. (sob!) But it is really good for my legs. I can tell because my muscles hurt and my knees don't after working out on one.

Want-2 -last night I dreamed that you replaced you avatar with your own very attractive picture. I was disappointed to see that you hadn't.

Ha

So see? All you leg men out there - - buy your wives a high quality elliptical. A side bonus is that you can work out on it, too.

Nope. She can work out with it; we can work out with her. :)

Ha

Well, I've jogged 20 years... only 14000 miles. It took a toll on my knees and feet. So, to answer the OP: NO.

Now I walk 4.2 miles daily. Not the same, but it might keep me healthy.

Well, I've jogged 20 years... only 14000 miles. It took a toll on my knees and feet. So, to answer the OP: NO.

Now I walk 4.2 miles daily. Not the same, but it might keep me healthy.

Wow!! That's an average of 13.5 miles per day for 20 years. I am in awe!

Want-2 -last night I dreamed that you replaced you avatar with your own very attractive picture. I was disappointed to see that you hadn't.

Ha

Ha, I am flattered. You never know - - some day, I might. :)

I don't know, I was never great at math, but 14000 miles in 20 years gives me 700 miles a year, or a little under 2 miles a day.

Or did I get that wrong, 14,000 miles per year X 20 years = 280,000 miles:eek::eek::eek:!!! That's more than you would put on your car, so I would understand if you knees and feet were shot.

R

It seems that distance running doesn't seem to bother some people. I used to w*rk with this ultra runner guy. Races were either 50 or 100+ miles (through the mountains).

Free

I don't know, I was never great at math, but 14000 miles in 20 years gives me 700 miles a year, or a little under 2 miles a day.

Or did I get that wrong, 14,000 miles per year X 20 years = 280,000 miles:eek::eek::eek:!!! That's more than you would put on your car, so I would understand if you knees and feet were shot.

R
I jogged 3.5 miles each session for 4 days each week x 50 weeks for 20 years. I think (numbers is hard) that's 700 miles each year x 20 years .... 14,000.

I know, it's nothing like the 8 miles per day in the video. But I did jog when the temp was 106 degrees and I jogged when it was 9 degrees. Most of my jogging was in the street which I think explains my knees and feet. Jogging can be addictive, and I have a buddy who just had his hip replaced because he loved it so much. No thanks, walking for this geezer is enough.

I jogged 3.5 miles each session for 4 days each week x 50 weeks for 20 years. I think (numbers is hard) that's 700 miles each year x 20 years .... 14,000.

I know, it's nothing like the 8 miles per day in the video. But I did jog when the temp was 106 degrees and I jogged when it was 9 degrees. Most of my jogging was in the street which I think explains my knees and feet. Jogging can be addictive, and I have a buddy who just had his hip replaced because he loved it so much. No thanks, walking for this geezer is enough.

I wonder what is better for the body, 2miles day X 7 days per week? Or 3.5-4mi x 3-4 days/week (thats what I'm doing right now). Been doing that for the better part of the last year and a half...was never a runner before. Just curious.

R

Wow!! That's an average of 13.5 miles per day for 20 years. I am in awe!

More like two miles a day, but still an impressive feat............:)

I ran 15000 in 10 years, and have run very little since then. After 5 marathons and 120+ road races, plus HS and college cross country and track, I was burned out........:nonono:

I wonder what is better for the body, 2miles day X 7 days per week? Or 3.5-4mi x 3-4 days/week (thats what I'm doing right now). Been doing that for the better part of the last year and a half...was never a runner before. Just curious.
R

The older you are, the MORE rest you need. I think doing the same mileage you are now, but adding an extra day with corresponding less mileage per day is fine. However, YMMV.........

One way to get the miles in is to have a long run day. For me, that used to be Sunday mornings early. Then I would always take Mondays off. Tuesdays were for running on soft surfaces like trails, Wednesday and Thursday were normal workouts. On Saturdays I would run twice, one a little more intense in the morning and REALLY easy in the evening. It worked well for me but again, YMMV..........

For your mileage (15-16) miles per week,you can pretty much do whatever you want. Once you start running 25 or more miles a week, it takes a little more planning........

Back
Top Bottom