Canadian food

Oh, I just remembered another food from Canada.

I used to travel to Kitchener, Ontario on business. The folks there were very proud of their "pig tails". (I seem to recall that they were deep fried).

omni

I'll take an order... but leave off the cheese curd and brown gravy... Substitute ketchup.

Aaaaaaah and gimme a fresh bacon cheeseburger with all the fixin's to go with it! :D

I'm not a Newfie but if you have homemade moosemeat stew turned out by any home kitchen on the rock, it'll turn ya into a believer quick boy.

I'm not a Newfie but if you have homemade moosemeat stew turned out by any home kitchen on the rock, it'll turn ya into a believer quick boy.

I am not a red meat eater in general but here in NS if you have the right friends you can get someone to bbq you some delish Moose kabobs....they really are very tasty!

You haven't lived until you've eaten poutine.

Make sure they make it with real curds, though, and not just chopped up mozzarella.

Enjoy!

I can get real fresh curds, what I call squeaky cheese, from the Tillamook cheese factory. Is there something special in the fries and what is the good stuff as far as the gravy goes?

Oooooo..... I may have to go to Tillamook. I get my curds from Ontario, since they are a foreign concept in Vancouver.

Any good gravy works (not the canned stuff). Both beef or chicken work well. Nothing special about the fries, except that they have to be from fresh spuds and not frozen stuff (just tastes better). In Ontario and Quebec, they have "chip wagons" and they usually have the BEST fries.

New York Fries would probably work well.

Nui

Chip wagons....that brings back memories. Best fries ever ...pommes frite from a chip wagon in the main square in Bruges, Belgium, 1967. Served in a paper cone with a side of mayo for dipping...heavenly.
I think I will start a new thread...most memorable food experiences...food is so inextricably woven into our memories of people and places.

Chip wagons....that brings back memories. Best fries ever ...pommes frite from a chip wagon in the main square in Bruges, Belgium, 1967. Served in a paper cone with a side of mayo for dipping...heavenly.
I think I will start a new thread...most memorable food experiences...food is so inextricably woven into our memories of people and places.

Since you have expressed an interest in food let me introduce you to the mother of all food threads here at ERF: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/bacon-flowchart-32035.html

DD

Since you have expressed an interest in food let me introduce you to the mother of all food threads here at ERF: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/bacon-flowchart-32035.html

DD
Thanks for the introduction. Bacon being the national food of Ireland and me hailing from those distant shores makes this very special. While the other threads worry about bringing home the bacon this one celebrates consuming it. In fact the Bacon Flowchart almost negates the need for the financial threads. By indulging in bacon in all it's salt laden, fat dripping lusciousness we are pretty much guaranteed not to outlive our money.

Back
Top Bottom