Case Custom

RobbieB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Ordered up myself a Christmas present, a real pretty one. Ya gotta buy yourself something you really want ya know, 'cause nobody else will.

A Case custom Yellowhorse Russlock with all kinda pretty inlays.

Looks like jewelry - :)

Yeah, knife.

People can get weird at times when you whip out a blade in public, so I like to carry some "pretties" when I travel.

Mother of pearl, abalone and now this little cutie - :)

This looks like something that somebody with too much money would buy.

Congrats. :)

Thanks!

Not as expensive as truffles and will last longer - :)

You do not want to play the "trade pocket knives" game with that in your pocket.

Boys and their toys... Hey, if you want it and can afford it, go for it.

+1

To me, it looks utterly stupid. But to some (many?) guys, I'm sure this would be the cat's meow. :D

I am SURE that many of my discretionary purchases would look pretty stupid to others too. But when you want something, and it fits within whatever budgetary restraints you might have, then why not? :)

Are those type of knives functional, or just collectible / bling, like so-called "commemorative' firearms? The people I've known who have BBQ or Church guns handle them with kid gloves, I wonder if it's the same with custom knives.

The reason I ask is that I would hate to damage the inlay when slicing & dicing, etc (using the knife as a tool).

_B

They are perfectly functional and will do anything you could do with a regular knife, but you really don't want to you know? They are for going out and "looking good"

I bet you played mumblety peg when you were a kid:D

I have a Case mini copperlock in mother of pearl and a Case teardrop in abalone. Both gorgeous and almost as expensive. I like knives with exotic scales, they're just so pretty.

Nice knife. I have had a Case Trapper yellow handled knife for near to 45 years. Have used it for small game and deer many times over the years. The blade is thinner now due to so much sharpening.
You got a good one for sure - well done !

They are perfectly functional and will do anything you could do with a regular knife, but you really don't want to you know? They are for going out and "looking good"

Thanks, that's great to know.

_B

I've got a couple of Case knives. Just bone handle ones. Fine pocket knives. But no better than my SOG, Kershaw, Buck, Gerbers or whatever. I would never pay that much for a pocket knife. They're tools. I've broken a few, lost a couple, and had one stolen by the TSA. No way I'd be risking that much money for a pocket knife. It would be like having an inlaid table saw or hammer.

But to each his own. Obviously there's a market or they wouldn't be making them.

Oh yeah, just like there is a jewelry market.

I consider them "gentleman's jewelry"

See for yourself;

Attachments

• casepair.jpg
    casepair.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 19
I carry an expensive pocket knife, and it's like a part of me. Not a fancy one, but extremely well made and useful (Benchmade). A couple of years ago I forgot it was in my pocket until I was on line for security at an airport. Panic time, but the TSA agent was very nice about it. He took me over to a kiosk where I mailed it home to myself. Cost around $13 for the postage, but well worth it to me.

It shipped yesterday - :)

It shipped yesterday - :)

How exciting! :dance:

I still need to think of what I will get myself, as my Christmas present from me to me. I usually buy it in January, to reward myself for once again surviving the holidays.

Last edited:
Got my 110 (plain Jane wood and brass handle) at a garage sale 3 years ago. Broken blade tip, so only paid $1. Sent it to Case and got a new blade installed for the cost of postage one way ($5.65 USPS Priority Mail). Case even buffed the handle and gave me a $20 coupon for their online store. Then I found a holster/sheath (black tactical fabric/velcro flap, Fire department logo) for 25 cents.

Total investment less than $7!!

I always carry a Case Texas Toothpick in my pocket

Attachments

• Case Texas Toothpick.jpg
    Case Texas Toothpick.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom