Cheap diapers redux

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
For those buying diapers these days :p

I mentioned in a post a few months ago that amazon had half decent prices on diapers, and they were giving out a $30 promo certificate for anyone that bought $80 worth of them at a pop. I did that, and just got the promo certificate yesterday.

Now they're running the deal again. Another $30 coupon you'll get emailed in ~2 months.

I bought them, used the prior $30 off coupon, also used my amazon visa card which is offering a $10 credit for any amazon purchase from 4/15 to 5/15.

Net: $17 for a 144 count box of size '3's (i think its 188 or 192 for the size 1/2's if you have weeee little ones). Thats shipped free with no tax charged. Of course you pay that tax on your year end returns, and surely we all do that religiously.

My local sams club sells the same box for $29.99 plus ~$3 tax.

If you dont have an Amazon Visa, they have a deal where you get $30 off your first purchase. Worth the 2 minutes filling out the online application and getting instant approval/use of the card. Just make sure to pay that first charge off before 30 days goes by...

Ahhhh diapers. Lo those many years ago, with a new bundle of joy in the house DW and I were forced to choose...diapers or beer. Always the negotiator I found a way to compromise... remember Munich Beer? It was about $2.29/6pak in 1974. I wonder how long it'll be before I need to buy diapers again..... hmmmm depends.

BUM

When I was a young father I drank Meister-Brau, bought
by the case. It was cheap! Don't think they even brew it anymore.

JG

I'm glad I can afford the 144 pack at COSTCO and an 18 pack of MGD ($10 bucks on sale at longs!) at the same time! I feel wealthy! :)

When I was a young father I drank Meister-Brau, bought
by the case. It was cheap! Don't think they even brew it anymore.

JG

Yep, Drank that too (probably drank everything). We used to call it Mister Beer. Pop drank Schlitz (still available) and Schmidt's which had a funky odor...perfect to drink while changing diapers.

TH
That is funny. But think retro. We were about flat broke with another mouth to feed. We went food shopping for the week with less than 20 bucks. Shopping list was prioritized and beer was the last item.

We had one of those red and white clickie things that added up the stuff as you went along. Do good, get beer. Either way DaBrat got diapers.

I don't know if y'all have BIG LOTS stores or not, but we love 'em. You could go shopping with $20 and fill your cart. Of course, you might not want to actually eat a lot of the stuff, but that's why we have the dogs :)

JG

We've got one of those nearby and I do some selective shopping there. Wouldnt eat the food though. They do get decent baby stuff there at great prices. I got a couple of not bad eddie bauer baby seats there...one a regular infant seat for $39 and one a 'booster seat' for when he gets older, good for up to 80lbs for $79...about half what you'd pay for them in a regular store. The quality of the infant seat isnt as good as the graco one we usually use, but I had a choice of either paying graco $35 for a second plastic base for our other car, or this $39 for the entire seat.

BUM - I know what you're talking about re: going cheap on the groceries, although I never had a baby to contend with at the same time as youth and no money. For a good 2 months I had a cashier at the local market convinced that it was a-ok to use multiple coupons on the same item. Hence a $5 item with six .75c coupons was nearly free...ahhh...the days of non-electronic commerce...

Diaper thread turns to cheap beer.

Gimme a minute to figure that one out

LOL! This diaper / beer thread is killing me! I've heard it said that fast-food stores "mining" their customer data for buying trends have found that the same people who run in for diapers often buy beer also. Apparently, mom stays home with the screaming youngster, while dad is sent / volunteers to pick up "supplies."

They're putting the beer NEXT to the diapers now, to make sure Dad doesn't forget.

Don't you LOVE Marketing? :)

Caroline

Then you have the tangent that if it wasnt for beer, many babies might not be around.

Its an all purpose before and after product! It induces you to do crazy things to make your life weird and then medicates you from the self induced weirdness!

In a way it has its own marketing built-in!

By the way, I saw some meisterbrau somewhere recently, although the really cheap junk when I was a kid was Weiderman beer. In fact, my cheap friend Wally was known as "wally weiderman".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom