Check out this Almost Perfect Postal Money Order..

C

Cut-Throat

This was a scam that I followed up on for fun and to try to nail the Bastard. I was selling an item and this guy offered to buy it from England.

I suspected it was a Scam, because he wanted to send me an extra amount of money to cover shipping and then I was to promptly forward the refund to him.

When I received the Postal Money Orders from Fed-Ex Intl, they looked like the real deal to me. I immediately took them to the post office and they confirmed that they were counterfeit. The only thing that was wrong was a imperfect watermark and a Shadow of a metallic thread instead of the thread itself.

Pretty realistic though. - I spent about a half hour filling out the fraud papers at the Post Office. - Most of these come from London England. I received 3 of these, all for $980 made out to me. I'm glad I at least wasted this guys's time and money! 8)

img_300516_0_0799fb81a9a07c787291017510d7f7b2.jpg

Re: Check out this Almost Perfect Postal Money Ord

Man C-T, that looks authentic! BTW, I am still getting the "Nigerian scam letters" 30 years after I received
my first. Interesting. And, why always Nigeria?
And, are there really people dumb enough to fall for this?
(just kidding about that. We know the answer) :)

JG

Lets gather up these fake money orders and send them to the nigerian spammers.

Maybe they'll get locked in a tight scamming loop and finish each other off...

Lets gather up these fake money orders and send them to the nigerian spammers.

Maybe they'll get locked in a tight scamming loop and finish each other off...

My guess is that these are the Nigerians. Check out the e-mail that I got immediately before receiving the Money orders.

hello,
good day to you,
the funds was sent through FEDEX!!
i will appreciate it if you could cash the money order today so in other to be able to send the funds to the shipper today,the shipper have also instructed that he would like the funds sent to the following information,here is it below,,,,,,,,,,,,?
name,,,,,,,,OLUGBENGA SODIPO
location,,,,,,,LONDON UNITED KINGDOM
test question ,,,,,WHAT CLOUR?
answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,BLUE.
you will also send the MTCN(MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER 10 DIGIT).the charges for the transfer will be deducted from the funds you will send to the shipper after you musty have deducted your charges,you will also send the exact amount sent after the western uniuon charges.thanks.

If I were you I'd be a little bit upset about being called 'musty'...

Were they hoping you would send the item & extra shipping refund before cashing the money order or would there have been a lag time in detecting the fake money order if you had taken them to the bank instead of the PO ?

Good job in catching this !!!!

-helen

Were they hoping you would send the item & extra shipping refund before cashing the money order or would there have been a lag time in detecting the fake money order if you had taken them to the bank instead of the PO ?

Good job in catching this !!!!

-helen

Yup, that is exactly the way this scam works. If you send them any difference in shipping, they've got their money.

Back
Top Bottom