Checked on some real estate today

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Been wanting to stop and talk to a lady that takes care of a very rural cemetery about purchasing a plot. Well, my plan was today to find her and get the details on what I need to do. Well, I found this old cowgirl out mowing her lawn and ask about it. She was a tough old woman that can cuss right along a drunken sailor. LOL A very nice person though! I didn't want to bother her today from mowing, so I gave her my number and at her convenience we will meet there and mark where ever I want to plot.

She told me there is no charge for a plot, and basically we need to go over there and mark a spot out. Then to make sure people know, where it is at when the time comes. No records and or paper work involved.

Her father owned the land lived there and homesteaded the land and started it back in the late 1800's. It was a very depressed area and her dads wishes were that no plots would be sold, and said no one should have to pay for a spot to be buried.

The setting is beautiful and rough country and I will have some ashes there with rock (cairn) and a native rock headstone.

My ranch is about 5 miles away and this western way of living, is who I am and where I want to be.

Anyone have a spot pick out.

Last edited:
This sounds so idyllic! What a lovely post.

We're going to be cremated and want our ashes set in a small viking ship, blazing, out onto our favorite lake where we vacationed for years as a family. The kids can barely wait. ;)

My family has a plot at a local cemetery, which believe it or not is a local tourist attraction because of the beauty of the monuments. My grandfather, father and infant daughter are currently buried there and that is where we will be buried. The cemetery is 65 acres and has more than 10,000 monuments.

We will be cremated, with a small amount of ashes sprinkled into our lake that our lakeside home is located on and the remainder buried.

Very interesting to the both of you.

I will be cremated but still want something in this area with a name and a belonging to this area.

We will be cremated and interred at the veterans cemetery 30 minutes away. It’s free for my husband and minimum fee for me. We already reserved spots.

We will be cremated as well but do not have a deep connection to a specific spot for ashes. Instead the disposition rests with the surviving spouse who may spread/sprinkle as seems meaningful. Most likely, DH will cast me on the winds and waters of the wilderness and I will hunt for someone to put DH’s ashes in a firecracker and fire it on a clear night where it can hang for a moment with the stars and forever in my heart.

Last edited:
I hope by the time I take my dirt nap, my carcass can actually be worm food. (NO embalming, cardboard casket...)

Morticians are a powerful lobby.

Cremation and burial at Arlington for me and my wife.

Most likely cremation for DGF and me.

Back
Top Bottom