Color IQ (?) test

Walt34

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
The call it a color IQ, I guess it would be more accurate to call it a color perception accuracy test.

I got a 12, at the high end of the scale but by no means close to perfect.

X-Rite: Get exactly the color you need, every time, anywhere in the world.

Warning: The site is run by X-Rite and by clicking on other links you run the risk of learning more about color management than you ever wanted to know. If you're a perfectionist type you'll probably buy something from them. Just so you know.

I saw this before somewhere, maybe even here, but it's kind of fun. so I took it again. I got a 3 and didn't agonize over any of them. Just shuffled tiles until it looked right, scanned the row to make sure, and then moved on to the next row.

As a colour blind person I am offended by their blatant disregard for the feelings of the differently colourly abled.

Is there someone I can complain to or some form of federal funding I can receive :confused:

: o )

Cool. I got an 11 (lower is better) on a very cheap laptop screen (a bare-bones 15" E-machines laptop I got for $380 ~ 2 years ago). Good enough for my casual use, I'd think.

A group of 4 to the left and a group of 3 and 4 near the middle of their final hue results chart.

-ERD50

You have perfect color vision! .... is the response I received.

omni

That was fun. I scored an 8.

Sent it to DD who does graphic design and our favorite house painter who is a whiz with colors. Expect both of them to do better.

The call it a color IQ, I guess it would be more accurate to call it a color perception accuracy test.

I got a 12, at the high end of the scale but by no means close to perfect.

X-Rite: Get exactly the color you need, every time, anywhere in the world.

Warning: The site is run by X-Rite and by clicking on other links you run the risk of learning more about color management than you ever wanted to know. If you're a perfectionist type you'll probably buy something from them. Just so you know.

Gee!!! That's a great score, since lower scores are better.

I thought I had done really well, but I got an 87. :blush: I have a nice, new Dell laptop, too, with an upgraded graphics card so I'm sure the monitor is great. It's just my crummy vision.

I thought I had done really well, but I got an 87. :blush: I have a nice, new Dell laptop, too, with an upgraded graphics card so I'm sure the monitor is great. It's just my crummy vision.

You better stay indoors and don't drive.:rolleyes:

You better stay indoors and don't drive.:rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: Maybe I should try the test again! I can't imagine why my score was so bad. I thought I had done it perfectly.

I'm not sure what the color square on the second row, just below the left hand end of each color series, is for. I didn't do anything with that one.

I need a seeing eye, color vision dog! I'm color blind, in shades of a lot of different colors. For example, the red aspect of purple I see duller than most, so that makes it easy to mistake a purple for blue if it isn't a really strong purple. Anyway, "that's my story and I'm sticking with it" as my excuse for a color test score of 206! ..yikes! :eek:

I scored a 4. Low color discrimination in the blue/green area.

:ROFLMAO: Maybe I should try the test again! I can't imagine why my score was so bad. I thought I had done it perfectly.

I'm not sure what the color square on the second row, just below the left hand end of each color series, is for. I didn't do anything with that one.

Aha!!! I tried it again, and this time I got a 12. MUCH better. Whew! I was beginning to wonder if I had a color disability. This time I did not ignore the color square in the second row, so maybe that helps. Guess I can drive today after all (joking). ;)

The distribution of my errors is very comforting, as well. There were 12 wrong, and all 12 were just barely wrong, across the blues.

Last edited:
Wonder what it says about me that I didn't have the patience to finish it. Got about 1/2 done and got bored.

My score was 47. Based on my age and gender the scores ranged from 0 to 1520. My crummy laptop may be part of it. The 47 seems to be right in the middle between perfect color acuity (0) and low color acuity (99). I thought it was rather boring to drag the color squares back and forth, probably wouldn't do this again.

I scored a 4. Low color discrimination in the blue/green area.

Exact same for me...I was 1 off on four of the green/blue middle ones all in a row. I'm sure if I had spent an extra 5 minutes flipping each adjacent box side by side I may have gotten it.

That test gave me a headache

Also one thing to note is that the monitor you're using plays a huge role in how well you do on this test. Older monitors, or ones with duller colors from use will be a lot harder for this. Newer ones with brighter colors (like a new iPad) would make this test a lot easier on an individual.

Last edited:
DH (retired graphic artist) just took it on his hotsy totsy big screen iMac and scored a 14 vs. my 4 on my rinky dinky netbook. He missed the middle hues. He's going to take it again, and again, and again until he beats my score.

Aha!!! I tried it again, and this time I got a 12. MUCH better. Whew! I was beginning to wonder if I had a color disability. This time I did not ignore the color square in the second row, so maybe that helps. Guess I can drive today after all (joking). ;)

The distribution of my errors is very comforting, as well. There were 12 wrong, and all 12 were just barely wrong, across the blues.

OK, you can leave the house and drive now.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom