Conceal and Carry Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I participated in a routine audit at the NRA headquarters years ago. One day, I noticed they had about 15 large, antlered deer heads on display in the lobby. I asked them what that was about and they replied they brought them out because someone important was visiting that day. Seemed like a strange way to honor someone...

And while I support sane gun laws, it is possible to go overboard.
That, Brewer, is the problem.
That's another issue-- being in a gun-owner's database. If HPD decides to stop me for driving a few over the speed limit, they'll first check my license plate for thefts, warrants, and gun ownership. It can turn a "routine" warning into a completely different conversation, and take a lot longer to get through.

Any use of force that results in severe injury or death is most likely going to result in a civil lawsuit.
Another good reason not to carry: the real troubles start long after the shooting stops...

Any use of force that results in severe injury or death is most likely going to result in a civil lawsuit.

Another good reason not to carry: the real troubles start long after the shooting stops...

That sounds like a punchline for a joke.
'In an emergency room hospital one guy turns to another and asks: What happened to you? My home was invaded by a guy with a gun, killed my wife, children dog and set my house on fire and stole my car, I don't have home, car, health or life insurance for the family. He shot me also, left me for dead; I crawled out. The doctor says he is not sure if I will ever walk again. 1st guy: I guess you wish you had a gun to shoot the thug before he could harm your family. 2nd guy: No! That is when the real trouble starts!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom