Cost to replace section of gutter

accountingsucks

Recycles dryer sheets
Just wondering what would be a reasonable cost per linear foot to replace a gutter section (including install)? I had a bad windstorm and my gutter is now mainly hanging from my garage. This is one of those cases where preventative maintenance was in order but I let a couple loose nails go for too long and voila, I now need to replace that section.

Would around $8 per linear foot be about right?

Here in the Salem Oregon area that sounds about 2x too high. Depends also how much work they are going to do - takes them the same drive and setup time for 4' of gutter or 400'. We were quoted $380 last month for a long side on a two story apt - 72' plus a downspout AIR.

I have never had a gutter replaced, but I would suggest that the best way to find out the usual price locally, would be to call several places and get estimates. I notice from your past posts that you are Canadian, so that could make a difference one way or the other, plus there could be a lot of local demand for new gutters after the windstorm.

Just out of idle curiousity, can you replace gutters when you aren't having the roof replaced? I thought that was usually done at the same time. When I move north, I am going to want those fancy gutters with gutter-guards so that is why I am curious. I have that type of gutters now and they are fantastic.

Here in the Salem Oregon area that sounds about 2x too high. Depends also how much work they are going to do - takes them the same drive and setup time for 4' of gutter or 400'. We were quoted $380 last month for a long side on a two story apt - 72' plus a downspout AIR.

This is close to what mine cost a couple of years ago -- paid $5 per foot (and that included all the downspouts) -- 126' with 5 downspouts cost $630.

Back
Top Bottom