Curvy gals: our time has come!!!

Interesting that a woman's sex is never called a Sally or a Rita or (yikes!) a Brittany or Gertrude. Always a cuddly animal, or a succulent shellfish, or a delicious sweet fruit.

Just one more example of how gender powers perception.

Ha

Perhaps Steve Miller started it when he sang...Really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree...

I'm not sure how those two names became associated, but if you've ever seen the statue in Firenze you'll know why we don't call it David. I'm sticking with Mr. Happy. :angel:
:LOL:
I saw David up close and personal (in the museum) on my recent trip. I never realized just how large the original statue is. 17 feet tall !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelangelo's_David
Let's just say it was pretty interesting to see "things":cool: on such a scale and so anatomically correct. ;)

This excerpt will have special meaning to the ladies here...

"The hands are also larger than would be in regular proportions"

I was thinking more along the lines of: Would this take a "curvy" figure?

Does this case of beer make my thighs look fat?

The "does this make me look fat?" reminds me of the time when shopping with the ex-wife on a whim we stopped in a fur store. Well, she wanted to stop there. She puts on a fur coat:

She: "How do you like it?"
Me: "How much is it?"
She: "$2,000" (This about 1981 - that's a LOT of money!)
Me: "It makes you look fat."

Maybe that's part of why we're not married anymore....:LOL:

:LOL:
I saw David up close and personal (in the museum) on my recent trip. I never realized just how large the original statue is. 17 feet tall !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelangelo's_David
Let's just say it was pretty interesting to see "things":cool: on such a scale and so anatomically correct. ;)
The David is shockingly beautiful in person, but for me the surprise was the hall leading to the gallery containing the David. It was lined with the unfinished slaves. It lookes like they are trying to escape the marble.
Unfinished%20%27slave%27%20by%20Michelangelo%201.JPG

Actually, I prefer to think of David as a frail young boy rather than a humpy stud. More like Donatello's David, also in Florence (never understood the goofy hat though).
Donatello_bron_David.jpg

The David is shockingly beautiful in person, but for me the surprise was the hall leading to the gallery containing the David. It was lined with the unfinished slaves. It lookes like they are trying to escape the marble.
Regarding the Slaves: Exactly! and also the David is equally beautiful from other angles than shown in Wiki. Worth the trip just to walk all the way around.

...not sure I can handle all these darn Greek women on this board..haha!!! Nice to see I'm not alone here, truly.
I wonder if all of us had coal black hair?

Orchidflower, I have straight medium brown hair with what I hope are natural looking blond highlights courtesy of foil wraps and my hairdresser's artistry. I started coloring my hair a bit in the last couple of years when I noticed a few gray hairs. My mother's family came from a part of Greece where they are on the fair side. She had blue eyes and was sort of blond-ish when she was young. I think northern Greece had a history of being overrun by hordes of invaders hence the varying genetic traits.

Regarding the Slaves: Exactly! and also the David is equally beautiful from other angles than shown in Wiki. Worth the trip just to walk all the way around.
My impression of the back side [sic] of the statue was "wow, nice buns" :cool:

You can expose me to culture and I'm still incorrigible. ;)

The Slaves were amazing when taken in visually all together in the same room.

My impression of the back side [sic] of the statue was "wow, nice buns" :cool:

You can expose me to culture and I'm still incorrigible. ;)

The Slaves were amazing when taken in visually all together in the same room.

Don't worry, my mom and I thought exactly the same thing when we saw David. But we used the other word. :angel:

A highlight of an otherwise nightmarish trip.

The statue of David is very sensual and breathtaking. Surely it was intended to evoke such admiration. :)

Back
Top Bottom