Did you ever get so aggregated you got a pain behind your eye?

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Aggravated i meant to say obviously - still fuming when i typed this. —DS (Cool Hand)at college calls with a sore neck and a migraine. He is miserable and the wife says go to med express. He drives to 2 and they are closed and gets to the third one and they say my united healthcare coverage has a lapse in service of one day. 01/31/2019. It picks up on 2/1 DS calls the Mrs and she calls united and they again say a lapse in coverage. My son heads home still ill.. he said I’m going home to bed. I told him if he feels worse go to the Emergency room. Im listening in the other room and my acid is starting to upset my stomach.

My nightmare has happened - I think it cant be? I call HR, tell them the story he’s says “you have definitely have coverage”. He gets United on the phone and she says i understand what happened ... and she says you have coverage but because of a snafu it wont seem so to the provider... one hour later i call again to express my displeasure in no uncertain terms.

Tomorrow 2/1 the confusion should be over. Antacid anyone?

Last edited:
I am sorry this has happened to you and your son. Your son should just sign a financial agreement and get the care he needs. Coverage can be hashed out later.

Shame on United Healthcare and same on med Express for not treating him.

That happened to me. I had planned on retiring in early January, so in December I went to SS to get the form for my Part B Medicare to be filled out by my company.
I got a welcome letter from Blue Shield, and thought all was OK.
In January, I get another letter from them saying I was not covered. It seems in the computer's or a persons abject stupidity, since I applied in January, the re enrollment period was over, even though I was a new enrolee to Part B. It took a supervisor 3 months to get it straightened out!

It's called a cluster headache. DW has one for a month. The ER doc had no sense of humor when I told him she wanted me to put a bullet between her eyes.

But thank God he saved her from getting an opioid.

Sore neck and migraine could be very very serious. Meningitis? If not caught in time, well. Stop worrying about who will pay and get him checked out. He should get checked out immediately.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/meningitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20350508

-ERD50

Do you think i slept well last night as I am responding at 3AM? We feel terrible!

1) DS left before before I could intervene, the Mrs was handling it and i was reluctant to stick my nose in before i got all the facts. He didnt want to go back -45 minutes in traffic.
2) Although it took 1/2 hour on the phone I made it right
3) we believe it is a nagging prior wrestling injury
4) i had the same concern but i spoke to him twice after I told him -if it gets worse go to the emergency room at once..

Last edited:
Hope everything is better today. Just wanted to say that I get such a chuckle every time I read the "Cool Hand" nickname for your son, especially in context from your other family chronicles.

Hope your son is doing better and was able to get the care he needed.
Insurance snafus are absolutely no fun--we went through the same thing when our DS was in college. He was on the east coast and we were on the west coast. Finally ended up having a conference call with my HR dept, insurance company, east coast hospital, and myself to get it all straightened out!

What a nightmare! Isn't it sad we have to suffer such angst and jump through such hoops to get the care we need?

We had a similar incident when DS#1 had a tree crush his hand (long, long fraternity story) and the hospital was on our covered provider list but the only surgeon in this tiny town wasn't. I raised holy hell and finally got it covered at 80%. Our health care system isn't for the faint of heart.

What a nightmare! Isn't it sad we have to suffer such angst and jump through such hoops to get the care we need?

We had a similar incident when DS#1 had a tree crush his hand (long, long fraternity story) and the hospital was on our covered provider list but the only surgeon in this tiny town wasn't. I raised holy hell and finally got it covered at 80%. Our health care system isn't for the faint of heart.

++++
I strongly dislike this healthcare system for many reasons, it is so stupidly inefficient.
If I have a heart attack, I don't know if the hospital 2 miles away is in our network for the current year !!

Update on Cool Hand - he still has a sore throat but the neck is better and the headache is gone... i have to say that is some good news.

Back
Top Bottom