Ex-military takes on Dilbert

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Here is a little hint of what the workplace might have been like if Nords had not retired but instead entered the corporate world....

img_426065_0_c169dfafeb19a6a0122536ba3ea06ab6.gif

img_426065_1_ecb0eef7f44d9e05d74d91c06b937394.gif

img_426065_2_b139b0d9fafcbbbd88a504c8fe03dc41.gif

Eh, I just couldn't handle the transition. The civilian workplace is so different from all the shipmates & conveniences I was used to...

Attachments

• Submarine officer\'s club sea stories.jpg
    Submarine officer\'s club sea stories.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Nuclear Vegas-hook.JPG
    Nuclear Vegas-hook.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 133
After spending 21 years in army aviation and just now completing 11 years as a hospital nurse you would think I might have something interesting to say here. Sorry, nothing serious comes to mind but I do think that life is about change and the people who can most easily adapt to change are the ones who can be the most happy and successful. It seems like the adaptation to retirement from my current parttime employment should be easy in comparison to that earlier big career change. So how come I am having so much trouble picking the date?
jc

jclarksnakes said:
So how come I am having so much trouble picking the date?
Is it the frame of reference?

Are you retiring from nursing, or are you retiring to have more time to pursue other activities?

Nords,
...I actually like my job. The challenges keep it interesting and working with people, patients and co-workers who are so very different is also good for me. But, I sure would like to spend all my time during just the things I want when I want to do them. I also have the very strong feeling that I need to be mountain hiking and/or kayaking a whole lot more to stay healthy. I really do think I will retire sometime before my 55th birthday in november of next year.
jc

jclarksnakes said:
Nords,
...I actually like my job. The challenges keep it interesting and working with people, patients and co-workers who are so very different is also good for me. But, I sure would like to spend all my time during just the things I want when I want to do them. I also have the very strong feeling that I need to be mountain hiking and/or kayaking a whole lot more to stay healthy. I really do think I will retire sometime before my 55th birthday in november of next year.
jc
You & Martha really should form a mutual support group!

FWIW everyone on this board who has worried about retirement, and then retired, has subsequently wondered what the heck they were worrying about.

http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=369.msg3386#msg3386

Back
Top Bottom