Fascinating web sites you've recently encountered?

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Occasionally I come across a gem that I've got to share with people. If you have some interest in physics phenomena, here is a web site that is interestingly set up: popular science - The speed of gravity? - Physics Stack Exchange

What is interesting to me is that the questions people asked are ranked by the readership (they vote) and the answers are also ranked. Some pretty smart people are there to try to answer questions in a way many of us can understand.

At the bottom of the linked page are other interest areas (photography, cooking, etc.) that use similar methods for questions/answers.

Anybody want to share their web site discoveries?

Occasionally I come across a gem that I've got to share with people. If you have some interest in physics phenomena, here is a web site that is interestingly set up: popular science - The speed of gravity? - Physics Stack Exchange

What is interesting to me is that the questions people asked are ranked by the readership (they vote) and the answers are also ranked. Some pretty smart people are there to try to answer questions in a way many of us can understand.

At the bottom of the linked page are other interest areas (photography, cooking, etc.) that use similar methods for questions/answers.

Anybody want to share their web site discoveries?
There are tons of different stack exchange sites. I got started Stack Overflow, but have used many others, like Homebrew.

Http://Stackexchange.com/sites#

This one is just plain fun, especially if you are a cheese lover or a font lover. Cheese or Font

I recently added vox.com to my daily surfing. It's a news site started a few months ago by a group that broke away from the Washington Post.

I'm a bit of a nerd for graphs and maps, which they use extensively. Sometimes finding a cool infographic from another site is enough to post an item. One from today:
Space.Population.png

http://sandgrains.com/gallery.html

That link looks like a good, more general one. Thanks.
Also, there is a link there to "area 51", which has the smaller start-up boards. If one of those interst you, you can get in on the ground floor and become "someone" in the realm of that site (ie get a high reputation with lots of rights).

Also, there is a link there to "area 51", which has the smaller start-up boards. If one of those interst you, you can get in on the ground floor and become "someone" in the realm of that site (ie get a high reputation with lots of rights).
Hmm...a new way of thinking or just a responsibility I don't need? :)

Back
Top Bottom