Going With The Flow (GWTF)

target2019

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So, it will be a longer, softer Brexit for Target2019. Or one could call it, "the Brexit of least resistance!" I was prepared to just step away completely, but found more benefit to myself in staying longer.

I'm moving to 60% part-time at the end of the month. Work will go on, but as a downhill coast, with less pedaling. My j#b is simple, well-paid, and has a nice view of history outside. Sounds too simple, but I've been happiest when sitting in a cube with two walls instead of three. I'm in a *green* building. The way things heat up on a frigid day is amazing. Looking South, the 10-foot glass wall magnifies the Sun's rays as it traverses East to West in the sky. This is a promising time of the year, when buds first appear on a tree just outside my 4th floor window.

The drive. The DRIVE. THE DRIVE! Much less of that soon enough, as I expect two days driving most weeks. Hours are flexible, so I'll move hours here and there to my benefit.

One surprise of this final j#b is how I'm appreciated by the customer. During the rest of 2019 I'll try to find a way for our small company to get ready for 2020. Yes, it is OMPTY (One More Part Time Year) for me. I may use OMPTY as one of my company goals.
:LOL:

One thing's for sure, my reliable yellow flower will soon poke its head up above the cold ground just outside my home office. Some things just happen cause they must.

Attachments

• IMG_1476_a.jpg
    IMG_1476_a.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 18
I did a PT gig for three years working in sales (The Hershey Company). It was low key and actually fun. Gave me the free time to figure out and take part in the activities I now do in full retirement. Good luck to you and enjoy your newly acquired free time. :greetings10:

Still FT for me. But not really. Full time here means 5 minute commute, no politics, no micro managing, paid for 40 but probably put in 35 max. Customer wants the work done-doesn't watch the clock. Salary is very generous. New house will be ready in 50 days. 2020 will be my 55 year so I will probably go FT in Jan and Feb 2020 then down to 30 hours/wk for the rest of 2020 then pare down even more. A slow glide into FT retirement. Already FI. Just trying to square away the what to retire TO part of it.

I did a PT gig for three years working in sales (The Hershey Company). It was low key and actually fun. Gave me the free time to figure out and take part in the activities I now do in full retirement. Good luck to you and enjoy your newly acquired free time. :greetings10:
Thank you Colonel. I enjoyed Hogan's Heroes as a child.

In March and April I'll be helping out a young friend with his tax business. So there will be many interesting stories in the data.

Early May we take off for two weeks, one in Vancouver and one on an Alaska cruise. Life does look enjoyable.

Still FT for me. But not really. Full time here means 5 minute commute, no politics, no micro managing, paid for 40 but probably put in 35 max. Customer wants the work done-doesn't watch the clock. Salary is very generous. New house will be ready in 50 days. 2020 will be my 55 year so I will probably go FT in Jan and Feb 2020 then down to 30 hours/wk for the rest of 2020 then pare down even more. A slow glide into FT retirement. Already FI. Just trying to square away the what to retire TO part of it.
When I do retire, I'll have more time to help daughter.

And then there's the relocation question. Pretty happy in this old house, and have some major projects to improve it. We do talk about a new build, but that will have to wait at least another year.

Back
Top Bottom