Goodbye and Thanks!!

Sam, Janet will likely auction off T-Al's user name sometime late tomorrow. Maybe you'll be the highest bidder and it will truly be a Sam & Janet evening. :)

(I apologize for this, but the Favorite Movie Music thread made me think of "South Pacific" ....)

Knock knock, who's there?

Sam, Janet will likely auction off T-Al's user name sometime late tomorrow.

I've already picked out a new avatar in case I win;)

Attachments

• music_cat.jpg
    music_cat.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 189
How do we know he really left? He might be sitting in front of his computer watching to see what everybody really thinks of him. He's so devious.
T-Al left? I hadn't noticed.

He's probably hitting all the free Easter egg hunts . Bullying the little kids into handing over their chocolate .

Like why his avatar shows him with a trombone but we KNOW he built a piano booster seat for himself? Does he really play trombone or is he a jazz pianist?

<insert tasteless "rusty trombone" joke>

Those over 30 like myself might have to look that one up at urban dictionary or another site...

Like why his avatar shows him with a trombone but we KNOW he built a piano booster seat for himself? Does he really play trombone or is he a jazz pianist?

Let us quiz Al to figure out if he really is a trombone player. :cool: Ok, Al, what is unusual about the slide position for the F# and G above the staff??

(From a long-time trombonist)

OK, I'm back. I was out searching for Somali pirates, and boy are my arms tired.

I forgot the "thanks" part. I had wanted to thank Martha for reminding me of sloppy joes, which we had for dinner last night.

F# and G above the staff

That overtone is very flat, so you either need to play them "shortened" from the normal positions, or tighten your shorts.

OK, I'm back. I was out searching for Somali pirates, and boy are my arms tired.

I forgot the "thanks" part. I had wanted to thank Martha for reminding me of sloppy joes, which we had for dinner last night.

That overtone is very flat, so you either need to play them "shortened" from the normal positions, or tighten your shorts.

Yep, Low Brass Rocks! {when the notes are played in tune}:)

OK, I'm back. ...

so is tight shorts the reason for the booster seat? I'd have thought the lycra bicycle shorts would have had you in practice?

Ok all - who had TAl back before 8 AM in the pool?

I'm going to be outside all afternoon, so goodbye until tomorrow!
It's kind of nice when someone tells us why he is leaving and when/if he will be back. It is pretty cold to leave with a mystery message. Those left behind don't know if you are POd by something, just tired of the discussion, or terminally ill.

Last edited:
Sam, Janet will likely auction off T-Al's user name sometime late tomorrow. Maybe you'll be the highest bidder and it will truly be a Sam & Janet evening. :)

Don't wait too long to buy the name because you don't want to get a rusty trombone.

It's kind of nice when someone tells us why he is leaving and when/if he will be back. It is pretty cold to leave with a mystery message. Those left behind don't know if you are POd by something, just tired of the discussion, or terminally ill.

Not everyone wants to disclose their or their family mambers health problems. Not every one is outfront about things like divorce, separation, retirement busted for financial reasons, etc. I respect that. If they say, hey I'm leaving because when my husband left he suddenly caused my WR to shoot up, or I have to go to chemo, or I can't take the market gyrations I can tell them I am sorry, because I will be sorry. But that may be less important to them than privacy.

But I don't much need or want to hear how someone is leaving because he perceives flaws in the people or procedures of the board. Usually these flaws are no more than projections of internal problems, and are at base just a whiney form of striking out at people who the leaver feels wronged by.

When you leave a lover, do you give her/him a list of all pertinanet flaws? Or do you say. Ï'm sorry Honey, it just no longer works?"

I woiuld prefer #2, as breaker or breakee.

Ha

Oh, hi Al. :greetings10:
I was just kidding (NOT! ;)) about the George C. Scott remark (Patton with all his stars).
Didya see the link to the Dallas Style Sloppy Joe's I put on the "What did you do today" thread ? After I found that on the allrecipes.com site, I could never eat that Manwich junk out of a can again. :nonono:

Didya see the link to the Dallas Style Sloppy Joe's I put

Yes, that's approximately what we had and it was delicious. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom