Got a Keylogger Virus today

Well, I must be doing something right. I've been using Panda Cloud as my antivirus software. Each night I scan my computer for viruses. Then I also run Malwarebytes afterwards. So far, not once has Malwarebytes caught cookies or spyware that Panda didn't already catch.

Well, I must be doing something right. I've been using Panda Cloud as my antivirus software. Each night I scan my computer for viruses. Then I also run Malwarebytes afterwards. So far, not once has Malwarebytes caught cookies or spyware that Panda didn't already catch.
Well, all you've demonstrated there is that they're as good or as bad as each other. In fact, since there's a fair chance that they derive much of their information from the same place, that could be automatically true.

I've never found an antivirus/malware program that I fully trusted. They catch some, but not ALL of the bad stuff lurking around out there on the internet. The only solution I feel comfortable with is having a small laptop dedicated to financial transactions. I only use it to visit my brokerage account, credit card company, credit union and bank. NOTHING ELSE. I use another laptop for everything else. If I get a virus on the other computer (which has happened), I don't worry about it too much. I clean it up and move on. Using the same computer for general internet use and financial transactions is just asking for trouble IMHO. You can get a cheap netbook, or reconditioned laptop for less than $200 to use as a dedicated computer for financial transactions. I believe that beats trying to keep a general purpose computer squeaky clean.

I've never found an antivirus/malware program that I fully trusted. They catch some, but not ALL of the bad stuff lurking around out there on the internet. The only solution I feel comfortable with is having a small laptop dedicated to financial transactions. I only use it to visit my brokerage account, credit card company, credit union and bank. NOTHING ELSE. I use another laptop for everything else. If I get a virus on the other computer (which has happened), I don't worry about it too much. I clean it up and move on. Using the same computer for general internet use and financial transactions is just asking for trouble IMHO. You can get a cheap netbook, or reconditioned laptop for less than $200 to use as a dedicated computer for financial transactions. I believe that beats trying to keep a general purpose computer squeaky clean.

Hmmm.......might not be a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom